Typical Reputation

Castiel.9048

I can't wait for the next blogpost in 6 to 8 months. I guess we will see some form of:

- "Future is bright for Guild Wars 2."

- "WvW is a cornerstone game mode."

- "...new and exciting things ahead of us..."

- "We take class balance very serious."

- and some big announcement so the children can cheer for something and forget the typical reputation arenanet has like how they are really bad at communicating...

6 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The frequency of communications hasn't changed with this recent game update. Again, painting this recent one as some 'improvement' over what we have had over the last year is a self-serving observation. We have gotten similar roadmap comms since at least before the release of the "Return to ..." series. 

I mean, I'm happy you believe this is an improvement. I'm just pointing out this isn't a communication development that just happened in the last week, so it's pretty funny to take credit for it because of your thread. I get people want to validate their complaints but we aren't seeing anything new here that 'proves'  that communication was lacking. This actually shows the OPPOSITE whatever communication people think was lacking.

Did someone ever told you that you have a very Marxist way of arguing? You argue like you are THE anti-Hegel - or Karl Marx himself. Not economical, but philosophical. Your posts mostly consist of "They way it is right now was always the way it was intended to be" and that's as Marxist as it can get. Which is impressive, but rather outdated for at least 40 years. I mean Sartre and Foucault had their small beef in the 60s and 70s and Marxism was rather dead after 1991. There are outer influences that prevent reality from being the way it was intended in the first place. There are things that stop arenanet from being better than they are at communicating or balancing, be it laziness, stubborness or ignorance. They are notoriously bad at balancing and communicating and they have a reputation for that, even outside of the gw2 community. To say that it is their plan all along is kind of weird and dangerous because it delegitamizes every form of open and honest criticism (just like the philosophical Marxism failed after all the "communist" states collapsed, because they were always intended to have gulags, terror and millions of deaths because what happened was the plan all along, there was no larger or better idea, how it happened was exactly how it was supposed to happen - according to Marx' philosophy - like the opposite of Hegel, where an idea needs to be fulfilled in reality blah blah, I don't like Hegel that much and I lack the English words to describe German Idealism). 

• Like 1