Fishing Party Buff - Map Closure

It really annoys me that I'm busy building up my fishing party buff stacks, only to be told that the map will be closing in the next hour. I move to the new map and I have to start building my stacks from scratch, or I continue to 99 stacks then I have max Fishing Power until the map closes in the next few minutes.

Another issue for me is running out of bait and not being allowed to leave the map to get more or I lose my stacks, if baits were tradeable at least we could get people to help us buy some. Is there not some way they could fix the fishing party buff to not disappear in certain instances like I mentioned above?

• Like 4

I totally get what you're saying!

But on the other hand, if the buff would stay during all you just mentioned, the whole point of the buff is gone.

What I just figured, you can always ask for a fishing party in the map you're at, get their buff (plenty of players willing to help with that! ) and then use your own skiff. I had to ask ingame, if that would work, a couple of hours ago and got positive reactions.

Then the bait/lure issue. If the above is an option, you can leave to get more, go back and get back to a reasonable buff pretty fast.

Don't get me wrong, this is an issue! But you can work around it. 

Edited by SandraSolace.7682
  • Like 3

I definitely wanted to do that but couldnt find anyone fishing during that time, Ugh this is horrible! Perhaps they could set a longer time limit on the buff like maybe 10 minutes, no matter which map you're in, if you don't get back on your skiff after 10 minutes, it's gone for good. I could deal with that, doesn't take 10 minutes to buy bait, and also the fact that you get to keep your buff if the map closes or you volunteer.