I made some LW Season 1 story movies

TL;DR: Made some things, here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2WLnmPaYHKoHvVmuKpKHUbFa2ntgCdA-

----------------------------------------

As we all well know, Living World's Season 1 has been unavailable for years. One of the most commonly recommended alternative to experiencing this has been DreamyAbaddon's 3.5 hour long movie. While it was the most inclusive source for it, I always felt it was lacking. Besides the length in a single video being extremely long, there were a lot of moments where the story is told out of order (e.g., The Lost Shores included in the middle of Secret of Southsun; Twilight Assault included in the middle of the Cutthroat Pirates election).

So I sought to make an alternative that was more bite-sized.

These videos did end up being much longer than intended (they're just over 2 hours long in full now), but are fully chronological to the original player experience. 

This isn't the final version I wanted (I wanted the whole thing to feel cinematic), but with ArenaNet announcing the re-release of Season 1 a couple weeks ago, I didn't want the work I had put in to go to waste. So after some cleanups in my spare time, I consider these videos "passable". At the very least, it'll help show what Season 1 was like before the re-release, and we'll get to see how much they've changed, removed, or added.

Link to playlist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1