Unstable ping since last weekened, 28th of May 2022

Hi, I'm a player from SEA (Malaysia specifically) and I've always played this game with at least 200+ ping which is still pretty playable and normal around here when playing western server games. But around the weekend, my ping just reached numbers that are bonkers high, like 1k consistently and up to 5k if it spikes. I have heard the game updated DX11 and was wondering if it has anything to do with this but part of me doubts it, I feel like its mostly server issues but what exactly happened. Been on and off with the game to see if anything changed but it still remain unplayable. Anyone around the OCEANIC area or SEA having some problems with ping as well? I really miss playing this game.

• Sad 1

I am also from SEA (PH) and for what it's worth, you're not the only one getting unplayable ping recently.

I have observed something odd though, the lag seems to be just for instanced content. I tried boneskinner today and got 1.6k ping, but when I jumped out and tried LLA in timberline falls, it seemed normal. I also ran around to do the open world dailies with no issue.

Another weird thing is, some of my friends (also from PH) have had this issue since last year, and have quit the game because of it. It'd be nice to have the stability back.

• Sad 1

Was about to make a post about this too. 

Im also a Malaysian player. Just started early this month. Ping have been stable at 200 this whole month which is of course normal and playable from where im playing until last Friday where ping been spiking super high around 2k to 4k sometimes and constantly stay around 1k and never go down. Still happening today. At first I thought maybe it because of weekend and theres alot of players online, but its Wednesday now and it still happening. Literally unplayable,  even chat sent in game delayed for like a minute minimum to appear. Already checked on my site if its actually my internet connection that is a problem but nope. Everything is fine. Other game aren't even having any issues too. 

I hope this issues will be noticed and fixed. I been trying to get this game for literally a few years now and I finally able to buy it and now it not even a month of playing yet and I already unable to play because of this issues. Really love the game so please fix it ; w;

• Sad 2

I am also from SEA (MY).  Recently after updating to LWS1 Episode 2, I have also been getting very high ping and the game has become unplayable totally, particularly connecting to the Gem Store, Trading Post and Gem Purchases.  I've even tried entering my guild hall it says error on the opened dialogue box.  And chat room for guild or map is completely no response.  What is happening?  I hope Anet resolves this issue as soon as possible.

• Sad 2

As of now, June 1st 2022, I can't even log into the game. My sibling encountered the same error, and a friend of mine living on a farther area of Malaysia can also confirm that she could not even play the game due to the high ping. Please, us SEA players are suffering right now.

• Sad 1

this game is literally unplayable. i am a player from Malaysia as well. the ping is smooth like butter all day long until 9pm and immediately it just skyrocket to 2-5k ping. Raised a ticket and all i get is "u r a windows 11 user we dont support it, its ur fault def not our server issue" kinda reply. I m really tired of this kitten. seriously if any ANET moderator r watching. fix ur server & fix ur customer support cause they sucks.

9 hours ago, Scrambled.7814 said:

After the maintenance, everything seems to be back to normal. I wanna believe that was the cause and cure of it. Regardless, thanks to the devs for fixing it quick enough.

I'm still getting lag. Open world seems fine, but when I join an instance it gets laggy.

Me and my guildies found that if I open the instance, though, it isn't laggy for me anymore. I think it has something to do with the server? I'm on Gates of Madness (NA).

So when I joined a junkyard strike, the instance was Darkhaven. It lagged for me. Everyone went out and I went in first to make a Gates of Madness instance, it was all normal!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Scrambled.7814 said:

After the maintenance, everything seems to be back to normal. I wanna believe that was the cause and cure of it. Regardless, thanks to the devs for fixing it quick enough.

How i wish that was for everyone XD even after the patch i still can't play with a normal ping. i do nothing its just 200 ping i do fractals or wvw it spikes to 500. 

• Sad 2

On 6/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, daze.4869 said:

I'm still getting lag. Open world seems fine, but when I join an instance it gets laggy.

Me and my guildies found that if I open the instance, though, it isn't laggy for me anymore. I think it has something to do with the server? I'm on Gates of Madness (NA).

So when I joined a junkyard strike, the instance was Darkhaven. It lagged for me. Everyone went out and I went in first to make a Gates of Madness instance, it was all normal!

Forget everything I said. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this lag issue. 

• Haha 1