Come back to play after years, where to begin?

So I played a few years ago and level Ranger to level 64 then I got bored and created a new character Necromancer and boosted it to 80

and quit playing because I had no idea what to do

now I have no idea what should I do, should I start a new fresh play? (I don't like leveling)

or try hard to understand what to do with the Necromancer 

Edited by Eli.6415
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty much in the same situation. But, there is always something to do. Set yourself a goal which usually means you got to farm for something. A weapon, armor, mount, mastery. Pick one to focus on and do your best to complete the required objectives,  you'll learn new things in the process. 

For example I'm trying to do the Seasons of Dragons achievement for the big bag and legendary amulet.

I'm also not a fan of levelling. However, if you take a character into endgame content outside of core Tyria without knowing what you are doing, you are probably going to het frustrated by the difficulty spike.

Necromancer is relatively easy to learn and play decently, and quite forgiving of mistakes.

I would recommend doing a couple of world boss events to see if you can learn to do proper damage. Further, running the Silverwastes map meta event chain is a decent test of whether you can stay alive and be effective. It's not as tough as the expansion content, but challenging enough to help you learn.

Further, have a look at youtube at how the different elite specs play, choose one, and go looking for hero points for it (assuming you have the expacs). Can give you a nice short term goal to work towarda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It totaly depends on what you like to do in an MMO. Guild Wars 2 has so much to offer that it can seem a bit overwhelming at first. The things is, LvL 80 is where the real game beginns. Do you like the story a game offers? well, your in luck! GW2 has 10 years of story content. not only the personal story, but living world season 1-5 (season 1 is rereleased right now!) and 3 expantions worth of story to tackle. do you like engaging in player versus player? well, GW" has 2 game modes for you. WvW and PvP. Do you like farming and grinding for gear and money?, well the game got you covered with lots and lots of Meta events to tackle to earn that ingame cash! from the good old silverwastes, to drizzlewood coast in living world season 5 aka icebroot saga. do you like killing big world bosses? wonderfull! almost each map has a big bad for you to kill! Do you like quests? running around and collecting things? well, your hero pannel has litteraly hundreds of goals for you. Then there is map completion, exotic gear, accended gear and legendary gear to aquire, daily activitys in every living world map and core tyria. mounts to aquire and the mastery system to tackle. 

in the end the question is not, where to start, but...where to end? ^^

• Like 1

I assume you are not here for PvP or WvW.
The obvious thing to do would be exploring some maps and finishing your story till Zhaitan. Then start Season 1 if you want to be guided. Another obvious thing would be daily's. They give you Wits https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Writ_of_Experience which can be used to skip the some tedious level as 60-80 wasn't much fun for me either. Speaking of skipping levels crafting can give you a bunch of levels too.

You are supposed to have fun. We cant know what you like in MMO's so it would be helpful to know to guide you to what you like to do. Dou you like:
Power Progression?
Wealth Progression?
Combat in General?
PvP specifically?
Social Aspect?
Killing Stuff?
Being part of something?
Story?
Fashion?
Large Scale epic fights?

Edited by Albi.7250