Game Crashes When Loading a Specific Character

I was leveling an alt character. When I try to load the character now my game crashes. I have no issues with loading any of my other characters. While the character is only level 20 so it wouldn't be disastrous if I had to delete the character and re-level it, I would prefer to get it fixed if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enygmatyk.7136 said:

I was leveling an alt character. When I try to load the character now my game crashes. I have no issues with loading any of my other characters. While the character is only level 20 so it wouldn't be disastrous if I had to delete the character and re-level it, I would prefer to get it fixed if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your character entered an area that has some kind of glitch on your specific hardware/software. I've run into this several times in the past. Sometimes dropping your settings all the way is enough, but very rarely you have to log in on another computer like a laptop and move the character away.

Support used to relocate your character for you, but I don't know if they do that anymore.

A few things you can try incase its just a resource issue is 1. fully patch the game in the launcher, 2. repair the game client by adding "-repair" to the commandline, and 3. try dx9 instead of dx11 or vice versa, depending on what you were already using, by starting the game with "-dx9" or "-dx11", respectively.'

Most of the time these kind of problems are caused by not fully patching, crashing, and then a file that was downloading becoming corrupted.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Your character entered an area that has some kind of glitch on your specific hardware/software. I've run into this several times in the past. Sometimes dropping your settings all the way is enough, but very rarely you have to log in on another computer like a laptop and move the character away.

Support used to relocate your character for you, but I don't know if they do that anymore.

A few things you can try incase its just a resource issue is 1. fully patch the game in the launcher, 2. repair the game client by adding "-repair" to the commandline, and 3. try dx9 instead of dx11 or vice versa, depending on what you were already using, by starting the game with "-dx9" or "-dx11", respectively.'

Most of the time these kind of problems are caused by not fully patching, crashing, and then a file that was downloading becoming corrupted.

Thank you, I logged in on my laptop and it worked.

• Like 1