Botscripts that are porting under the map

evlover.6270

I don't know what's being done about these bots currently, but it's still a big issue even though it's not as visible as a bot running above ground. Was just doing the burried archives jp for facet of shadows and at the top I saw a lvl 6 clipping under the ground to loot the jumping puzzle chest. Stayed behind the coffin for about 20mins and saw one lvl 6 after the other popping up under the ground near the chest to loot it (also the same ones returning after a while, does the chest reset if you go away for a bit?). The mobs can't attack since it's underground, and it's hard to target the bots to report them since they're only there for a few secs and you can't target them that easily since they're under the ground which acts as some kind of barrier to click on them. 

Saw this one by coincidence but this just means there are probably a lot of other spots in Tyria that are still being botted. I know it also is (or used to be?) the case with toxic seedlings in kessex for the toxic spore samples, as well as in Orr maps for the elder wood.

The silly thing is that when these lvl 6 accounts get banned, they just make new ones as the botters never seem to lose their main account. I hope that instead of just straight up banning these low lvl accounts when they are being reported, there's also being investigated where the mats/gold is flowing towards by mail or by guild banks to perma ban the main accounts as that's the only way to stop it. Banning the bots alone doesn't hurt besides taking away a day's income but banning the main accs does.

And again, adjusting the multiboxing policy might help too since it's obvious most of these are multibox accounts that are often related to eachother. It's a needless gray area that makes it easier for botters to bot, and it's annoying during meta events as well. Having multiple accounts shouldn't be a problem, but limit it to 1 client/pc and you'll already clean up a lot of the bots. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1