Thief Solo PvE build

Riku.8509

Guys, i'm looking for a build to play with thief in PVE, not fractal or raid or something, my biggest problem is survive against champions, elites, legendaries and a lot of mobs, and i know... this content isn't about "solo", in a perfect world this is made to do in a group, but in real life... we can't find people to do evertything, everytime.

I recently have changed my main to Revenant, and my renegade with shortbow can solo even the hardest monsters, and necro, guardian, ranger, mesmer, elementalist for example can do it easy, mesmer for example can solo anything that don't have timer, have any build capable to do things like this with Thief? is my favorite class, and i want to keep my main.

I have an easy time clearing open world and fighting champions with

SA(the initiative trait)/CS(hidden killer)/deadeye(quick or be killed)

Dagger/pistol+shortbow

Valkyrie gear with crusader weapons and rings

Tons of sustain with shadowarts, survivability by dumping precision for stealth crits, and renewing gaze on deadeye keeps your cooldowns up, shortbow gives some aoe. Great for small fights in wvw/pvp too

It's... nearly any thief spec can do this in the overworld.  I've solo'd champions with Daredevil (can literally dodge everything), Deadeye (renders all projectile bosses helpless) and Specter (massive self-health gain via shroud).  I evade-tank the Sand Giant for fun on daredevil.  While treasure mushroom hunting I kill the roaming champion pact member with one hand.  That same champion I've brute-forced with raw healing from Specter, post-shroud nerf.  I've solo'd legendary wyverns on all 3, and I think I've solo'd Aestus with Deadeye.

To be frank, I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble.  Thief has an immense toolbox of defensive abilities that should make most bosses pretty simple.

• Confused 1

Deatheye with its abundance of self boon is a good way to solo stuff. Example Build. Shadow arts can be exchanged with Deathly arts 3-1-1 to do more damage. Shadow arts has more sustain with life steal and Condition cleanse. Gear can be changed. Full trailblazer is stronger but may be annoying with the lack of power for non champions content. I normally run Celestial everything+ Viper weapons for ease of use. Even with Shadow arts and celestial the build does around 10k solo. If you in a group of friend you may want to run Skelk Venom as heal over signet for the group heal. You camp Pistol/dagger normally.

Core Build is similar to deatheye build, but without unlimited Imitative you need to play dagger for the strong autos. Provides sustain with shadow art and signet passive. Just AA and cloak and dagger as soon as possible.  Either1AA chain + Dodge Roll, 1 AA chain + Death Blossom(3) or 2 AA chains.

Most things work on thief, just stay away from power builds or the acrobatics Trait line. Trailblazer and celestial are you friends, when you want to solo stuff.

Edited by Albi.7250