Players without guild

Hi all,

i play gw2 since launch and i spend 50% of my gaming time on wvw - Far Schiverpeaks server.

i've no guild and i usually play in zerg with random Commander on server discord. It's not possible to join commander's guild (sort of elitè club or sth), so, what should i do with this new model of wvw?

will i have to switch from one alliance to another changing discord too?

and more, will it be a G vs G? so also maps will be rebuild or it will be a G vs G vs G?

i mean, i like stability, i know "my server commanders" style of playing and i don't like the idea to change discord (also because i suppose that a sort of verification will be request) and commander every 7 days.

probably i'm stupid but i'm missing something.

thanks

Usbv

• Confused 1

Hi!

on FSP discord is a forum where different guilds seek for members.

Due to the high diversity in the guilds mentalities you should find a guild, Im pretty sure about that.

the only guild as far as i know which is more a disclosed group of close friends and go therefore by selection or invitation only is prolly [xd] which consist of team sustain [tS] + anguish [ash] + couple of fellows from foolish [xv]+ handful of friends from fsp. We have indeed high standards.

but if you ask around in fsp discord something should work out as usual.

community --> guild-info

see you there.

Edited by SlateSloan.3654

1 hour ago, usbvtheknife.1269 said:

i've no guild and i usually play in zerg with random Commander on server discord. It's not possible to join commander's guild (sort of elitè club or sth), so, what should i do with this new model of wvw?

will i have to switch from one alliance to another changing discord too?

well, as you already mentioned, the guilds are (in most cases) the source of public commanders. While it is true, that you probably won´t be able to follow your favourite commander into alliances, every team will probably still have public tags around (because, that´s just as it already is). 

When teams get rebuild, you will probably have to change the communication channel, yes. But that´s to some extent, already the case with linkings. some servers are willing to join their link-partner's comms, some others aren't. It´s literally just joining the current teams main communication-platform (which the community is also already preparing for since the first beta) and leaving once the teams are rebuilt. Also, don´t forget that the community is probably going to re-organize existing structures in order to account for the world restructuring once it´s implemented

and more, will it be a G vs G? so also maps will be rebuild or it will be a G vs G vs G?

i mean, i like stability, i know "my server commanders" style of playing and i don't like the idea to change discord (also because i suppose that a sort of verification will be request) and commander every 7 days.

absolutely NO. 
GvG has nothing to do with "regular" World vs World, and is frequently mentioned in the wrong context. 

GvG is a player-driven "mode", with dedicated guilds that usually just do GvG (Guild vs Guild). Most of WvW-guilds however are raiding on the borders, doing a variety of stuff (pretty much anything a zerg could also do, but in a different way, with different tactics, often with less people and more progressive than the average public-zergling or roamer).

Also, don´t forget, that alliances by then won´t be made up by single guilds anymore, but rather, multiple guilds banding together into an alliance, mutliple alliances combined forming a team, with everyone else filling the gaps. We also don´t know if alliances will allow solo players to join, or if guilds are a requirement (this is not yet set in stone). The fact that the teams currently are mostly made out of very few, but massive guilds is just because we don´t have alliance-functionality yet, and the players use mass-guilds to circumvent this, while trying to keep their current server mostly intact during the beta. 

Also, i don´t know where you get the "7 days" from. So far, there is no fixed duration of a "season" (previously linking) but it seems to go into the duration of 6-8 weeks. 7 days will still be just the matchup-duration, just as it is currently.