Inconsistent Color Schemes

So I finally bought the Fancy Winter Outfit which seemed very cool, but once I tried it, the color schemes felt very off. Not also odd, but the information we have on the internet are even, in some ways, misleading.

From these pictures on wiki and on the internet it seems that the boots color scheme and the gloves color scheme are on the same position, having a color scheme for the accessories makes sense.

Asura with the outfit

Charr with the outfit

Human with the outfit

Silvary with the outfit

But here's the actual color scheme. Gloves, boots and the Coat itself are on the same spot, making the whole outfit coloring very odd and awkward

The actual outfit

And again, another outfit on the market where the color schemes are superficially put in the package. Is there someone studying how to cut the color schemes with particular passion?

So I was tinkering with dyes even with the Exemplar Attire when I realized that the color schemes were totally off too. The attire is divided in 4 hypotetical sections: The Shirt, the Suit, the Metal details and the Accessories.

Of course these sections are overlooked and the main problem is that the Metal details are divided between the other pieces of the Dye scheme. Here's a picture for better idea http://imgur.com/a/XVK6f

As you can see you cannot color the metal detail pieces all togheter. I was lucky enough to find a good shade of brown that faked some sort of gold for the metal pieces on the shoulder, otherwise I would've been forced to color my waistcoat, gloves and shoes the color that i wanted the metal to be, for example blue, as you can see on the picture.Those Metal pieces are completely random colored, some of them are part of the suit coloring scheme, some of the accessory. The pocket watch chains, tided to the metal parts, will always take the look of some acid weird shades of the color you choose.

The same weird color schemes you can see on the Noble Count outfit, where the sleeves coming out from the jacket are tied to be colored of the same color of the cravat but not the same color of the shirt. If you want the sleeves the same color of the shirt (which is just white), you are forced to paint the cravat the same white without the freedom to create any fancy contrasts.

I wonder if there's some sort of quality control when studying these things

the wiki images for the Fancy Winter Outfit were created when the outfit was town clothing. town clothing could have dyes on each individual piece, like armor. when it was changed to an outfit with the introduction of the wardrobe the dye channels were changed to what you see now. so, that's why the images appear to allow for different colouring than what you can actually achieve.

saying that, I agree there is some weirdness when it comes to how some outfits dye, and which parts dye together.

@nottsgman.8206 said:the wiki images for the Fancy Winter Outfit were created when the outfit was town clothing. town clothing could have dyes on each individual piece, like armor. when it was changed to an outfit with the introduction of the wardrobe the dye channels were changed to what you see now. so, that's why the images appear to allow for different colouring than what you can actually achieve.

saying that, I agree there is some weirdness when it comes to how some outfits dye, and which parts dye together.

That makes sense from some certain points of View. But copying the exact color schemes of that example would've been possible and stylistically more coherent and consistent. Then I wonder, why do they make things "uglier"? Apart from what one likes and dislikes, I do think it's a common thought that the color schemes are completely off.

The feeling that I had from different reviews of the outfits over-time, is that there's some sort of laziness when studying what color should be put in a particular color scheme or what should not. Is there some sort of Quality Control?

The Fancy Winter Outfit was never a 6piece set of town clothes. It was a tonic sort of item. “Double Click to wear this outfit”. So back then it wasn’t able to be dyed. Your problem is that when anet added the wardrobe system and 4dye channels to outfits, picking which channel dyed which bit maybe couldn’t be matched properly, so they made a judgement call of what we have now.

Archived