Revenant wvw builds

Palikka.8249

Im fairly new rev player (used to main guardian), but i really like this class. I do pretty decent job as renegade roaming, but im really bad at vindi and herald (roaming).

I feel i get focused by ranged so easily and my attacks are dodged most of the time. I really like both herald and vindi and would like to know what are "beginner" powerbuilds, if there are any?

On 5/20/2023 at 10:08 PM, Palikka.8249 said:

my attacks are dodged

That's a problem for any power build.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:08 PM, Palikka.8249 said:

beginner" powerbuilds

There is no build which gives you same kills but easier. You can equip or/and build more tanky, so you are harder to kill. This will mean less damage output, but maybe so will help you to get more experience. 

Equip tanky means: take staff, take stats with more vitality and toughness.

Build tanky means: take salvation trait line like on your Rene.

Since you already have cele gear for Rene, you can use for example cele trinkets with your current gear and see how it works 

On 5/21/2023 at 3:08 AM, Palikka.8249 said:

I feel i get focused by ranged so easily and my attacks are dodged most of the time. I really like both herald and vindi and would like to know what are "beginner" powerbuilds, if there are any?

No there aren't any "beginner" builds but Vindicator is more forgiving due to Greatsword.

Greatsword + Staff gives you two blocks to work with and additional gap closing ability, meaning you can kind of not have to rely on Shiro for gap closing targets. But at the end of the day, no matter what tools you have, Revenant has its core weaknesses which you must overcome using skill. Since you have to learn how to use your skills and manage energy, it will take some time before you can respond to other players who are at times not only playing a counter to your build, but also way more skilled.