Spirit Slayer Fixed, but What About Void Slayer?

By “very specific”, do you mean “only creatures with Void in the name”? Because that’s how I’d expect it to work, and it’s never seemed broken, or particularly difficult to me. The void-corrupted wildlife is just a visual effect and they aren’t called Void creatures. The event in the cave by Teleri Village spawns enough to do the daily in a single clear most of the time, and repeats pretty regularly; they can also be found constantly in the Vasburg Armory dungeon which is accessed from the same cave.

It just doesn’t seem that different to other Slayer dailies, like today’s Gyala Delve Kappa Slayer one where only 4–5 spawn in the lake on one side of one area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 6:06 AM, Manpag.6421 said:

By “very specific”, do you mean “only creatures with Void in the name”? Because that’s how I’d expect it to work, and it’s never seemed broken, or particularly difficult to me. The void-corrupted wildlife is just a visual effect and they aren’t called Void creatures. The event in the cave by Teleri Village spawns enough to do the daily in a single clear most of the time, and repeats pretty regularly; they can also be found constantly in the Vasburg Armory dungeon which is accessed from the same cave.

It just doesn’t seem that different to other Slayer dailies, like today’s Gyala Delve Kappa Slayer one where only 4–5 spawn in the lake on one side of one area.

The logic l've always expected is, well, what the name and description sounds like. "Void Slayer: Kill 25 Void creatures in the Echovald Wilds." That's actually very vague, so the definition—by my logic—should be very broad. Krait Slayer, Naga Slayer, Kappa Slayer... Those are obvious, named creatures being specified. "Void creatures" could mean anything. There's no special highlight given to the word "Void", either, so there was no reason for me to look at that word in a context other than "a Void-related creature". If one has to look it up on the wiki, it's just a poorly designed cheevo. At the very least, that's why I and many others I've seen on the map get confused by it.

It's a shame ANET fixed a few bugs and called it a day. You reminded me there are quite a few that are just unclear. Having to go to one spot in one area shouldn't be a Slayer daily. They could've given a look at all of them and fix up the tricky ones (point out in the description that Purists disguise themselves as Ruffians, etc.), but they kinda just checked some stuff off the year-old bug list.

(Sorry for the late response, I guess the forums think I should be alerted to Reactions and not to replies of a thread I started)

Edited by Smoky.5348
  • Confused 1

Not intended to fix the others. Afaik there are other rare mobs on other maps - where you need events. Purists in Seitung and Kaineng I think. I did not know there were mobs in the mini dungeon that are named void though. Maybe they could/should be added? Camping that event there seems still fast though. When you are not that avoidant of PvP. Queue for PvP while waiting. Maybe after a match it will load you into another map and/or the event is up. Event from start if doing it fully should be enough. (Same as the western event chain for Purists in Seitung. Though you need the event chain fully - not the last one with champ though. Hitting the mobs and the small ones first without the attack icon.)

Ruffians in Kaineng are Purists and count? That was the only one that I avoided completely. Thought you'd need to do it during meta.

• 1 month later...