Heat the Soul. ICD reduction VS Duration increase.

DanAlcedo.3281

Currently, Heat the Soul has 2 problems. 

1. There Berzerker needs an significant amount of Boon Duration to do it's job as a quickness provider in a comfortable manner. 

2. If a Weapon outside Axe and Longbow is used while Discipline is equipped, the Berzerker either has to delay their Primal Burst or only get Quickness every second Burst. 

The first solution that other and me came to, was to reduce the ICD to 3.5s.

I however don't believe this to be the best solution anymore. 

Let me explain. 

Reducing the ICD to 3.5s, while assuming the Base Duration stays the same, would force the Berzerker into using Discipline.

While builds without Discipline would still suffer from problem 1. I also doubt that Anet would leave the Base Duration the same. A reduction would make any non Discipline build worse. 

Meanwhile, an increase in Base Duration, for example to 4 - 4.5s, would help all builds. Regardless of traitline choice. By reducing the sheer amount of Boon Duration needed.

Yes. Weapons outside of Axe/Longbow would have no use for Discipline now. 

But with the state Discipline is in now, it's questionable if someone even wants to play the traitline in the first place. 

If crackshot and the maybe bugged interaction with Longbow fields wouldn't exist, I even doubt Condi Quick Zerker would play Discipline. 

Sooooo.... A hard choice, as I 100% believe Anet would do only 1 of these options. 

Both come with their own downsides. 

I personally would rather see an increase in Base Duration, to not be forced into Discipline. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281