PvP Basics Changes Proposal NA

Anaston.2840

Greetings,
I've been thinking about ways to improve SPvP content by being part of the community.

During all the years that I played, I noticed some key points regarding matches and details that harm the competitive scene.

Here are some points that could be changed and are simple to solve:

•  Allow changing professions during a tournament that has already started either at intervals or during matches. (This disqualifies all training in a group and time invested in a specific composition! In no other really competitive game is it possible to make changes like this during a tournament or match... PROHIB IT😤)
  • Being able to repeat the same profession ONE, TWO and even THREE or more times😣. As you all know there is a lock that DOES NOT WORK. Any player can switch classes within the pre-match. In addition, there should also be a lock to not repeat the same class specialization.
  • Ranked 5v5 with Duo queue. NO! for Leaderboard to be more effective it should be Solo Queue

These are some of the points I would like to present and propose changes today, I don't know about tomorrow. But we need to improve the things that make us feel bad as a community.😇

Sincerely, a player passionate about SPvP💪

Edited by Anaston.2840
NA server
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

• Anaston.2840 changed the title to PvP Basics Changes Proposal NA
57 minutes ago, Crackz.5278 said:

I like the idea of the soloqueue for rankeds. 

Changing classes is fine as long as it is before the start the match but change the class in the middle of match I see it bad.

U have a point, bro .. that would be nice. Remake Ranked and Tournament is a long date process

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

O primeiro passo para melhorar o pve ou o pvp é, na verdade, PARAR de implementar mudanças estúpidas. Como polir ele. Então podemos discutir o que pode ser adicionado para melhorar as coisas.

Exact. Stop to do balance patches this way. *Focus on GAME STRUCTURE.* 

6 hours ago, Anaston.2840 said:
  •  Allow changing professions during a tournament that has already started either at intervals or during matches. (This disqualifies all training in a group and time invested in a specific composition! In no other really competitive game is it possible to make changes like this during a tournament or match... PROHIB IT😤)

I dont agree with this part, cuz each map has its own peculiarities and for each one u can have different optimal team composition.

I agree with other ones, cuz duoq(dodge) and matchmaking manipulation is destroying the rankeds...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ViBonacci.5802 said:

Não concordo com essa parte, pois cada mapa tem suas peculiaridades e para cada um você pode ter diferentes composições ótimas de equipe.

Eu concordo com os outros, pq duoq(dodge) e manipulação de matchmaking estão destruindo os ranks...

Talvez você como um jogador de ranqueada não entenda minha reclamacao por eu jogar mais torneios do que ranquiada Viits. Umas das piores situações é estar num torneio e a pessoa mudar de profissão no meio kitten partida pq está perdendo. Mas, que bom que concorda com alguma parte pq msm assim quero que o PvP melhore num todo. Temos que melhorar o cenário. Abraços, Ask rsrs

Edited by Anaston.2840
Add
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Block ranked duo. 
  • Ranked find solo.
  • I agree with the idea of teams without repeating specialization or class.
  • And not being able to switch classes mid-match.
  • Improve points reward for contribution.
  • We lose 18 pt because there are people who stay afk in the game.
  • When you win, you gain 8~11 pt. This taking several contribution status tops.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zarkrovit.7412 said:
  • Dupla classificada em bloco. 
  • Classificado encontrar sozinho.
  • Concordo com a ideia de equipes sem repetir especialização ou classe.
  • E não poder trocar de classe no meio kitten partida.
  • Melhore a recompensa de pontos por contribuição.
  • Perdemos 18 pt porque tem gente que fica afk no jogo.
  • Quando você ganha, você ganha 8~11 pt. Isso levando vários tops de status de contribuição.

❤️🔥

• Confused 1

Either make ranked solo or full team, full team would mean it'd be dead within an hour, so..

The fact that you can change character in the pre lobby.. I mean where else is this a thing? If the class that you queu'd up with affects the matchmaking protocol then the answer to this is simple. It breaks an already flawed system even more. 😉

unless everyone did this it would be fine but that's not the case, innit. Thus its detrimental for the overall experience bar those who have a pvp character for every class and every build. 

Imo there is no defending this, the only ones who benefit are those with the character, build and equipment slots to rival those who also have the same.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, demonbeetle.2387 said:

Either make ranked solo or full team, full team would mean it'd be dead within an hour, so..

To NA server.. 5v5 solo queue ranked is a nice point to think about. Matchmanipulation would be drastically stopped, and queue up would be faster. Remember NA SPvP population is very low.

Edited by Anaston.2840
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Anaston.2840 said:

To NA server.. 5v5 solo queue ranked is a nice point to think about. Matchmanipulation would be drastically stopped, and queue up would be faster. Remember NA SPvP population is very low.

I'm not on NA so I cant comment on the situation there. Also for all I care people queu with full teams, but I only if the losing teams rewards get boosted by alot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, demonbeetle.2387 said:

I'm not on NA so I cant comment on the situation there. Also for all I care people queu with full teams, but I only if the losing teams rewards get boosted by alot.

Your idea is interesting, today closed groups end up being more used in the competitive scenario in terms of 2v2, 3v3 and tournaments. But I understand you, maybe NOT BEING in NA (which is a very small population) will work, my friend. Thanks for your return! always looking to improve pvp and the whole community. Soon I will be charging the arenanet team by being their customer. ❤️

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Anaston.2840 said:

Your idea is interesting, today closed groups end up being more used in the competitive scenario in terms of 2v2, 3v3 and tournaments. But I understand you, maybe NOT BEING in NA (which is a very small population) will work, my friend. Thanks for your return! always looking to improve pvp and the whole community. Soon I will be charging the arenanet team by being their customer. ❤️

2v2 and 3v3 should then be "ranked", rn ranked is pretty much unranked but with extra rewards.

Might actually be better to merge the two together, that ought to make the pool larger aswel. I never understood why pretty much the same mode is split like this, further dividing the player pool.

But tbh alot of things make little sense to me as to how "structured" pvp is set up in gw2. Also structured only partaims to tournements and 2v2 etc imo, ranked is still pugging, we should start call it "instanced PvP" imstead. 

Quite the rep for NA btw, you remindme alot of some people in EU ranked, you guys conversate in the same manner. 😄

Edited by demonbeetle.2387
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, demonbeetle.2387 said:

2v2 and 3v3 should then be "ranked", rn ranked is pretty much unranked but with extra rewards.

Might actually be better to merge the two together, that ought to make the pool larger aswel. I never understood why pretty much the same mode is split like this, further dividing the player pool.

But tbh alot of things make little sense to me as to how "structured" pvp is set up in gw2. Also structured only partaims to tournements and 2v2 etc imo, ranked is still pugging, we should start call it "instanced PvP" imstead. 

Quite the rep for NA btw, you remindme alot of some people in EU ranked, you guys conversate in the same manner. 😄

Why do u think im similar to some people from EU? LMAO  xD 

Thanks for the feedback ❤️

• Haha 1

Duo q should have been gone in 2018

Several 119/1 records that are impossible to get without duo q

Yesterday i played against this high rating exploiters, not only they q'd as anothet class and swap to cata, they were dodging grimjack to not risk their rating

Those 2 player would never be in the same team if it wanst duo q

But this is an old request, highly gatekept by "pros"/title sellers

• Thanks 1