STR/Discipline Bladesworn WvW

Neiuso.9806

I've been running around using disc/def.   The damage per hit is lower (obviously) ...but there are some major advantages that have me using this over the str/def or str/tac variants:

*5 sec -weap swap (so clutch cause getting back to pistol 4 and 5 when needed is big).

* Run speed increase in disc plus swiftness from BS makes you fast (also small damage boost)

* Movement skills remove immob (HUGE).  Pistol 4, Gunsabre 5, bulls rush, kick, etc all count as movement skills

*Condi cleanse on weap swap without running a rune for it (or 2 cleanses if you rune for it).

Damage is a bit low so I've been running battle rune for might generation cause we're not the chosen cloth class that can generate 25 stacks of might by accidently farting.

Edit - regarding the orignal post, I've messed with str/disc.  Major downside (besides sustain) is lack of counter against blind and no reflects.  With all the range in WvW, the reflects are sorely needed.

Edited by Dorsai.1458

23 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Man, this video makes me wish that bladesworn just were a more "agile" spec, with good numbers and the QoL that Discipline provides feels good, i know it's not META, but feels good, despite struggling because you're not a sustain bot on this build.

That's basically been my reason for using the build I do. It feels good and it's fun, and I value that over being a sustain bot or nigh unkillable bunker.

8 minutes ago, Dorsai.1458 said:

I've been running around using disc/def.   The damage per hit is lower (obviously) ...but there are some major advantages that have me using this over the str/def or str/tac variants:

*5 sec -weap swap (so clutch cause getting back to pistol 4 and 5 when needed is big).

* Run speed increase in disc plus swiftness from BS makes you fast (also small damage boost)

* Movement skills remove immob (HUGE).  Pistol 4, Gunsabre 5, bulls rush, kick, etc all count as movement skills

*Condi cleanse on weap swap without running a rune for it (or 2 cleanses if you rune for it).

Damage is a bit low so I've been running battle rune for might generation cause we're not the chosen cloth class that can generate 25 stacks of might by accidently farting.

These are all great reasons for why I run Discipline on Bladesworn. Despite its reputation for being stationary, it does have quite a bit of access to movement abilities to take advantage of things like removing immobilize if you build for it.

Even with how Dragon Trigger is designed, I've never felt like I wasn't mobile enough to get in range to dish out damage when using things like Discipline and Sword mainhand.