[PVE] Support Staff can be very strong yet still get actively sabotaged by the Warrior shell

Jzaku.9765

• Staff can't do any reasonable damage if it's also a support weapon (because Warrior weapons are garbage)
    If Staff also did good DPS comparable to Warrior's standard DPS weapons (e.g., Axe for power, Sword for condi), it would be considered broken overpowered because it would completely out of line with those Weapons that do DPS and nothing else, thus become straight mandatory. Imagine having a competitive Warrior DPS build that constantly healed and/or cleansed the party like Condi DPS Druid - impossible!

• Staff should have a Support-focused Burst skill and yet it would be largely irrelevant
    • First off, the Core burst skill would be totally irrelevant because only non-zerk Berserker and Core Warrior have access to the T3 version and playing either would be griefing, so the scaling doesn't matter.

• Then, even if the T1 burst was good Spellbreaker doesn't have either Quickness or Alac so a Support Staff burst would be sabotaging any Spellbreaker build.

• Then you come to Quickness Berserker where a Support-focused burst would be wildly out of flavour. This one could still be possible depending on Staff's Adrenaline gain support (remaining on the weapon set but still feeding enough Adrenaline to burst off-CD as demanded by [Heat the Soul]), but the real kicker is -

• Alac Bladesworn NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE STAFF BURST SKILL, it is stuck with the explicitly non-support Dragon Slash. To make Alac Heal Bladesworn work would require Staff (sans Burst!) to be one of the most broken weapons in the game. 

• "But you can take Shout Heal to supplement your Healing"

Improving the feeling of moment-to-moment gameplay for many boon support builds. We want these builds to have more flexibility in their utility skill choice, and not be required to press a particular utility type on cooldown to provide quickness or alacrity.

I can say that Shouts being mandatory in my utility slots to provide the core functionality of a support build is actively taking a dump all over my moment-to-moment gameplay and destroying my flexibility in utility skill choice. P.S., Quickness Berserker is actively taxing your utility slots too.

Edited by Jzaku.9765