SOTO Ch. 8 NPC Motivation [Item] story stuck [Merged]

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to SOTO Ch. 8 NPC Motivation [Item] story stuck [Merged]

I'm having same issue when I'm stuck at the step "Take the motivation from Kamillia" and i can't proceed. I've finish this step before but not the whole episode and I've done some EoD story i beetween and when i came back to SotO this happend.
It really seem like some way to not let people to get mutliple free motivations and they didn't thought it through and it cause players to get stuck at this step.

It's bit sad it's been a month and i can't finish the story. Hope for some fix at least let us finish with self crafted motivation.

I've gone through the story 3 times now and haven't had this issue.  I wonder why it's hitting some but not others. 

So I talk to the first hunter. After he's done his dialog I have to go to Kamillia. I talk to her and she goes through her dialog. When she's done I click on her and I get the motivation. There must be a strange bug causing the last part not to activate for certain players.

Hope they solve this soon for those having the bug.

BTW, this should be in the BUG part of the forum.

Edited by Heibi.4251

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 11:41 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think you're being a little extreme saying its blocking progress entirely, disrupting paying customers and so on. its literally an item you can buy on the trading post for a few gold in just a few seconds and be on your way, for around the price of a stack of iron ore.

in order to progress you have to physically use it to open the rift, by the way (using the interact dialogue), not just track them down. if you're stuck on the story step where you receive the item it means you somehow didn't receive the item to begin with, otherwise it wouldn't be stuck there. this can happen if you talk to the npc too fast trying to rush through dialogue, bugging them out, and is fixed by restarting the chapter.

i bought it and the story is still stucked.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still the same issue to this day for me, and it's worse now that because of this bug it wont let me play the new chapters that just released today. I can replay the previous ones, but it wont let me activate any of the chapter 11 to 13. Been stuck in this story for about almost 2 months, yaaaaaaaaay! (and God knows how much longer).

Disappointed today's update did not fix this Kamilla issue. Like 100s of people who are stuck on Chapter 8 being held back by Kamilla I also cannot start the new chapter 11 as well. So I cannot unlock the new mastery track required. I replayed chapter 8 a few times already, even starting from chapter 1. From August to now its frustrating this has not been fixed?? My bug started after Kamilla gave me my 1st motivation but the progress bar to do tier 2 rifts did not appear eventhough I activated the motivation Kamilla gave me. So I restarted chapter 8 and now stuck at "Take motivation from Kamilla".

How hard is it to make the motivation Kamilla gives you account bound so players cannot replay chapter 8 over and over to get a free one and resell for 4 gold?? Just keep the crafted by players ones tradable/resellable. Or have Kamilla detect player already have a motivation in inventory (since can craft or buy one) and proceed to the next step in doing the tier 2 rifts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...