Did ANET just ruin every build?!

Did ANET just ruin every build, and expect us to play through a storyline with wompy busted relics?

I really hope they plan on putting some back.  I really don't like any of the relics.

Why get rid of Rune of Torment 6th, or bone minion?

I don't want to have to rely on heal or elite skills to do something even more special.  Heal and elite do what they need already.  Switching weapons?  I have to switch weapons to activate it?

The only one useful seems to be the 6 bleed stacks cause fire and something else, but the cd makes it kind of redick.

They should have done all 6th rune skills and added onto of that.  Now we just have a bunch of broken builds.  I thought this was going to make things funner and more choices.  You do have more choice (by having more stats) but the procs, summons, and other spicy things are gone.  Please improve this.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

You have to use a few braincells and put on one of your 3 free relics... They have plenty that match the best 6th rune slot bonus in there just pick that one and off you go... IDK how that's difficult for you.

Almost all the relics suck.  Nothing is unique about them.  They all have crazy long cd. No summons, 

You use your braincells, log in to find out your spec is broke.  When you thought you were gonna just get a bonus boast to damage.

Why have another effect to elite skill, they are already elite?  Why have another effect healing it heals already.

I don't want to do the story line or the redick dailies, with a build that ain't what we've been working torward for years now. Screw you and anet go play your lonely broke dumb af game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

Did ANET just ruin every build, and expect us to play through a storyline with wompy busted relics?

Since Anet hardly gave any information about the actual relic types before the release and I didn't feel like trying out all the possibilities first, I played the open world maps and story without any relics. It's suboptimal (like the whole incomplete relics system) but it was good enough for me and it worked.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Since Anet hardly gave any information about the actual relic types before the release and I didn't feel like trying out all the possibilities first, I played the open world maps and story without any relics. It's suboptimal (like the whole incomplete relics system) but it was good enough for me and it worked.

I get that.  Some ppl play for the storyline, some play for just astetics, some play for combat, and some play for theory crafting.  That is awesome you enjoyed the game still.

I like to play for theory crafting and combat. The storyline is okay to me, the new dailies seem broken.  I'm not looking forward to any dailies or storyline, with a messed up build.  Especially when I had things the way I wanted and thought I'd just get a simple boast.

Alot of builds relied upon the rune's 6th skill.

When you have over 100 different unique rune's 6th skills get put into 40 relics.  It is frustrating, yeah I gained an boast to raw stats, but the bread and butter of my functionality was based on that.

Now they've removed most movement speed increases, 10percent damage reduction, proc on crit, proc on struct, summons, and more.  It seems like they want things to just be as stale as they can be.

At least add ALL the rune's 6th skill as relics.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

You use your braincells, log in to find out your spec is broke.  When you thought you were gonna just get a bonus boast to damage.

Interesting...

It's okay you can copy and paste someone else's build later instead. Why did you think you'd just be able to use the same old build you had when the entire system was changing and was announced it would be changing? 

Someone complained about Reaper being weak in here and I am wiping content ridiculously easily with a Reaper build I put together.

Just wait a few days and the API will be on and Snowcrows or Metabattle will set you up I guess. 

20 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

I like to play for theory crafting

Then do that?? You can theory craft a good build... I am sure feedback will adjust things as well. Just in and out get some oxygen it's gonna be okay...

Edited by KawsMeCal.5923
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

Interesting...

It's okay you can copy and paste someone else's build later instead. Why did you think you'd just be able to use the same old build you had when the entire system was changing and was announced it would be changing? 

Someone complained about Reaper being weak in here and I am wiping content ridiculously easily with a Reaper build I put together.

Just wait a few days and the API will be on and Snowcrows or Metabattle will set you up I guess. 

Then do that?? You can theory craft a good build... I am sure feedback will adjust things as well. Just in and out get some oxygen it's gonna be okay...

I can see how the relic system could be good, right now it is in a poor state.  Hopefully they have better ones.

If you can't talk to ppl without being deamening or having some respect for their opinions just move on.  The braincells and the go get oxygen comments.

How about this mind your own business.

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Sometimes I look at the state of the game and realize ppl like you cause it's decline.  I've never copy pasted builds, I've always played how I like.