WvW Defense Events/All dailies are mandatory

So the WvW objective defender dailies have been a problem for a while now (almost impossible to get participation no matter what you do), but it's really starting to be a pain in the kitten with the introduction of the Wizard's Vault, because now if I can't get participation for that event, I have no other dailies to compensate, and I'm just stuck without the daily chest

I spent three hours roaming WvW earlier in a squad, participated in 8 defense events in that time - all of which I stayed in the territory until the timer ran down, at least three of which I killed other players (enough participation to get loot), if the defense event restarted because there were still attacking players I also stuck around for that, and I only died in one of them. Not a single one even acknowledged that I was there

On searching reddit just now someone suggested repairing walls, which I will try closer to reset and see if it gives me it then, but this should not be necessary! If it's about repairing, tell us that. If it's about defending, make the events actually give participation. And if you can't fix any of the above, please give us more than 3 options to get the daily chest now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:51 AM, atalana.8265 said:

On searching reddit just now someone suggested repairing walls, which I will try closer to reset and see if it gives me it then, but this should not be necessary! If it's about repairing, tell us that

That's dated.
Repair gave you participation in defence but some people were whining because players were abusing that system and leech stone mist empty with useless wall repairs. I don't know if that led Anet to remove repairing as participation but it got removed not so long ago, and many complained because what you said. Defending cannot be planned now, it's mere luck you hit the right guy and that guy dies within the invisible event area (or so ppl say, I don't know the exact mechanic).

Best chances when your side owns stone mist castle and you defend there.

If at least destroyed siege would count, the rams or catas that hit a hole in the structure, but noooo, just kitten it up completely. (And then make it a mandatory daily)