Sudden tier dropping in Dry Top, a bug?

Talesman.5942

Greetings,

Returning player after a few years absence.  I am confused by the tier system in Dry Top.  I was trying to reach Tier 5 and did not leave area.  I was up to Tier 3 and suddenly it dropped back down to Tier 1 <== [?!].

Is this a bug?  If not, what is the mechanic that causes this and how do I keep moving up the tiers without it suddenly dropping this way?

Thanks in advance.

59 minutes ago, Talesman.5942 said:

Greetings,

Returning player after a few years absence.  I am confused by the tier system in Dry Top.  I was trying to reach Tier 5 and did not leave area.  I was up to Tier 3 and suddenly it dropped back down to Tier 1 <== [?!].

Is this a bug?  If not, what is the mechanic that causes this and how do I keep moving up the tiers without it suddenly dropping this way?

Thanks in advance.

Dry Top has a 1h cycle, it starts every full hour at tier 1, then you and the other peolple on the map have 40min to raise the tier up to max. tier 6 by doing events during the crash site phase. Afterwards the sandstorm events start where the tier won't change and after 20min the tier will be reset and the cycle will start again.

• Like 5