How to get Spirit Shards exactly in terms of levelups?

WaifuJanna.9108

In the wiki it says "On level 80 characters, gaining 254,000 experience when no mastery experience can be gained or all masteries in the region are completed."

So far i only notice that i get Spirit Shards when i do Tyrian Content, where i completed all masteries. So how it works exactly for the non completed ones?

Do i get a Spirit Shard if:

a) I have my Experience Bar full and do not have a mastery point at all (aka 0 Mastery Points Left)?
b) I have my Experience Bar full and do not have a mastery point to spent (More then 1 but to few to skill something)?
c) I have my Experience Bar full and have a mastery point to spent but don't want to spent it, since i am saving it for some other mastery?
d) I have my Experience Bar Empty but switching to a Mastery where my experience bar is almost full, and i fill that bar now?
e) What about joining Strike Missions, when not purchased the Ice Brood saga, aka you haven't unlocked the whole mastery-branch yet.

My experience bar only shows in Tyria X/254.000 while in the other Addons i have like x/1.5million.

Edited by WaifuJanna.9108

• WaifuJanna.9108 changed the title to How to get Spirit Shards exactly in terms of levelups?
4 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

In the wiki it says "On level 80 characters, gaining 254,000 experience when no mastery experience can be gained or all masteries in the region are completed."

So far i only notice that i get Spirit Shards when i do Tyrian Content, where i completed all masteries. So how it works exactly for the non completed ones?

Do i get a Spirit Shard if:

a) I have my Experience Bar full and do not have a mastery point at all (aka 0 Mastery Points Left)?
b) I have my Experience Bar full and do not have a mastery point to spent (More then 1 but to few to skill something)?
c) I have my Experience Bar full and have a mastery point to spent but don't want to spent it, since i am saving it for some other mastery?
d) I have my Experience Bar Empty but switching to a Mastery where my experience bar is almost full, and i fill that bar now?
e) What about joining Strike Missions, when not purchased the Ice Brood saga, aka you haven't unlocked the whole mastery-branch yet.

My experience bar only shows in Tyria X/254.000 while in the other Addons i have like x/1.5million.

The mastery points don't matter at all, the XP has the following priority:

1) active mastery bar of the region (the one you checked for training)

2) if bar 1) is full, or no active mastery-bar chosen, then the XP goes into all the other unlocked bars of the region (priority for inactiv masteries afaik is the position in the mastery list)

3) if 2) is full too, it goes into the hidden XP bar, that gives spirit shards, it's the same bar x/254.00 you can see in regions were you have unlocked everything

So, if you are e.g. switch from Core with currently 253.000/254.000 to a HoT-map and have all active mastery-bars full there, the next 1.000 XP will give the spirit shard

• Like 1