How do you build an elementalist?

ShadowKatt.6740

Well the way I perceive elementalist  is...

If I spec fire with lightning, I want to fixate on being a power crit focused squishy feel.

Fire earth I want to go for a condi attrition reselient feel.

Water is I want to have the option to support my teamates while still having some threat to myself vibe. Could be by healing condi cleans or otherways support (Aura talent is the huuge).

Water earth would be I reaally like supporting vibe.

That being said obviously fire has the cleanse conditions with auras, burns blind, and giving might so it still has a support angle to it.

Arcane is the I want utility to zone in a bit more in what I want vibe wise. It is the "make all my elements more useful" vibe.

Obviously it's not that "cut n dry" you can mix up all kinds of qualities from all the trees.

Before elite specs the vibe used to be arcane with two elements, especially cause of the dodge casts a skill talent. Well..and bountifull power lol.

Especs wise Tempest is the more support "I love group play"...weaver is the "selfish" I am a pro 1v1 watch my leet skills can't touch this champ vibe (dunno if it still viable tbh)...catalyst is the I am sorry to say "ele is already complicated let's make a dumbed down version of ele all together, but "give it summon pokemons visual and a weird name for the glitter factor"...to me! It didn't really add an interesting vibe to the class but that's for the most part how I feel about EoD specs with a few exceptions.

So for a generalist vibe..which is you know to be honest not a super duper great vibe to go for effeciency wise in this game..but whatever..I would cover what kinda weapon set skills I like overall (Staff is what I feel has massive variable effects) and how am I planning to apply damage first and what would I like to provide from a supportive angle if needed while running around. Water healing sounds like a safe bet, could be blasts to combo with any field for variable needs..the storms...the conjured weapons lol.

The problem is a lot of eles damage got soooo nerfed that it's truly a pain to go for that vibe cause I assume you want killing things to not be exhausting, the game in all modes frankly rewards offensive approaches a lot more the defensive tactics imo..and a lot of classes do a looooot in one single button. So..I dunno.

The best way to learn the class is to keep playing it till you catch the feel and start to develope which angle you want to take given what the tools are...if any lol.

Edited by aetemes.2603
  • Like 1