Prologue: Uncertain Times bugged [Merged]

Last week I bought Secrets of the Obscure. It tells me to "Read the mail from Caithe". I have not received any mail from Caithe and in my Home instance there is nothing to progress either. Am I overlooking something? I have sent a bug report but nothing changed. I have tried ending the Quest but apparently I can only continue it where i quit the quest leaving me at the same spot, with the same issue of no Mail from Caithe.

Any tips?

Edited by IgotNoSkillz.4527

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem, read letter from Taimi. No letter .
@faz.9731 @IgotNoSkillz.4527 I think I've found the way to unlock it, simply start another story (I started End of Dragons from the beginning) then switch over to SotO and I received the letter.
------
Edit: Forget it, it doesn't work... Any other workarounds?

Edited by Rethex.3248
Bugged

My kid just started playing, got them latest expac hoping to quest as a family, sadly they are stuck at prologue with no letter from caithe. Has there been any update or a workaround found?

*despite the letter showing as read, re-reading it seemed to trigger the instance.

Edited by Alma.1769
fixed

The mail you receive is dependent on the race you are playing.

For example I'm playing a sylvari and I should get a mail from caithe but instead I got a mail from taimi and telling me to go the asura home instance

I'm still waiting for them to reply or at least acknowledge this is happening

• 2 weeks later...

@Gelo.8256 @Alma.1769 @Linken.6345@Rethex.3248@IgotNoSkillz.4527, here is the workaround that I found and works 100%:

1. Create a new character and boost it to 80 lvl (or login another 80 lvl character if you have such)
  2. Start the SotO campaign
  3. Complete the campaign till "Chapter 11 - Duress ". That will unlock the possibility to switch to this chapter on your other characters.
  4. Login with your main character and switch to "Chapter 11 - Duress" in the SotO campaign, and then switch back to the "Prologue: Uncertain Times"

Unfortunately, 3 GMs, including a Lead GM, are unable to solve any in-game problem or provide non-basic workarounds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Same here - still an issue with receiving the wrong letter from Taimi to go to the applied sciences lab and talk to the stranger, only to not be able to interact with her. (I am a human, and should have received a letter to go to the salma district though)

• Sad 1

I am playing a Sylvari.

I received an mail from Taimi telling me to come to the Asuran Home Instance as part of the Prologue:uncertain times, which is not what I believe should've happened. I should've received a mail from Caithe telling me to come to the sylvari home instance. 

When in the asuran home instance there is the quest NPC that approcahes me, but no dialogue triggers as it should. In the sylvari home instance there is NO quest NPC. I cannot progress past the first story mission of SOTO.

• Haha 1

I have the same issue..  I'ma Human though, and it sent me to the Asuran home instance as well.  Can't progress.   Put in a ticket but they said to fill out a bug report. I did that.   Sucks I can't play any of the expansion though

• Sad 1