Inner Nayos fish

I'm quoting from the last patch notes: 

Fish from both Skywatch Archipelago and Amnytas can be caught at Inner Nayos fishing holes without needing the correct bait, but fishing during the correct time of day is still required. These have lower drop rates than fish exclusive to Inner Nayos.

More than an hour fishing on Inner Nayos rewarded me with fishes from Skywatch and Amnytas, yes. Almost all of them, that's the problem. For instance, I haven't got a single Phantom Pollock, a fish exclusive from Inner Nayos, which should be easy to catch since it's "blue" tier, and can be caught on Open Water. Don't know if the item is not in the game, or its description is just incorrect, but this just smells fishy.

Problem is the more common is the fish, the more difficult is to catch it on hard maps (requiring high fishing power and Nayos apparently is such map). Increasing fishing power also increases chances to catch rarer fish so you will mostly get yellows or exotic ones. 

My solution is as follows: Try to fish just with lure and bait. Something like ~350 power. Fish on open water and NOT on boat. Minimum power needed in Nayos is like 550 or sth so you will have red mark during fishing and catching fish will be very difficult. While you'll manage to catch maybe one fish in five you it will still have greater chances to catch white or blue fish this way.

Edited by banshee.9328

1 minute ago, banshee.9328 said:

Problem is the more common is the fish, the more difficult is to catch it on hard maps (requiring high fishing power and Nayos apparently is such map). Increasing fishing power also increases chances to catch rarer fish so you will mostly get yellows or exotic ones. 

My solution is as follows: Try to fish just with lure and bait. Something like ~350 power. Fish on open water. Minimum power needed in Nayos is like 550 or sth so you will have red mark during fishing and catching fish will be very difficult. While you'll manage to catch maybe one fish in five you it will still have greater chances to catch white or blue fish this way.

Thank you for the suggestion! I already thought that would be a possibility, though, and tried to fish with a low fishing power. Haven't been lucky, still got plenty of Exceptional and Exotic fishes (even got a Legendary), even with the red bar and all the effort that implies, so I just gave up. Guess RNG must be terrible on my account and I'll just have to keep trying.

While trying standard way i got mostly: Blightbob (rare), Balance Fish (exotic) or Jokopu (exotic). 

I got my Phantom Pollock (yes it was my last fish too) from shallow, reddish water near Northern Extractor (open water). While trying red marker method i got Daydream (common) couple of times then Pollock 🙂

Edited by banshee.9328