Weapon abilities and draining issue

Dark Viper.2378

Ok so, am i the only one here who does not like that revenant's weapon abilities drains an amount? Isnt it enough that the utilities absorb it?

Some people will be like "well if u dont like it then dont play the class" but thats the thing, i love how the class works, i love the combat and how facets work with herald. The only thing I dislike is THAT. Because it makes me question when do I even use them to the point it wont drop me to zero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eh, loved this class to death but patch after patch we get not only cooldowns but more energy costs and now my poor s/s power herald feels pretty rough to play and not worth it anymore.

That and the plethora of bugs, devs removing stunbreak on legendswap and small things like that has made me lose hope.

• Like 7

Well I won't say, don't play it then. But I will say, you have to manage your energy well, that is how rev works. And once you can manage energy well, you will reap the benefit out of it. It will look like you don't even notice weapons have energy. Also revenant isn't about spammy useage, seeing lot of cds off cooldown and wanting to press them off as fast you can. Because then you would be energy starved and you sit like a duck.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

Eh, loved this class to death but patch after patch we get not only cooldowns but more energy costs and now my poor s/s power herald feels pretty rough to play and not worth it anymore.

That and the plethora of bugs, devs removing stunbreak on legendswap and small things like that has made me lose hope.

Revenant in general gained more stability though => from vindicator alliance stance, dwarf stance upcoming change, ventari stance. Also in herald you need less of a stunbreak, you have failsafe heal active if needed vs such and stunbreak that gives blind for potentially another cc. Many dodges, evades and blocks to also cancel other cc you see coming

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Nanoir.2315 said:

Aye that's true, just miss my power herald wvw days haha

haha np. Also I think upcoming scepter will have some semi ranged useage + barrier and it will fit well in brawler playstyle. It will fit for power build really well with dwarf stance imo, double pull. Add off hand sword/axe on it and you have 1-2 teleports and 1-2 pulls with dwarf. Battle scars with scepter 3 regular vulnerability appliance will add some extra damage/sustain too. sorry hyped

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not against Revenant weapons being governed by Energy at all, it's just ridiculous how we have gotten no traits at all to help alleviate cost in exchange for a would-be damage trait. For example, if I would have slotted something that gives damage, why don't I have an option that refunds some Energy. It's also extremely suffocating to be capped at 100 when things can cost 30 - 50 on the regular to cast, excluding Weapon skills that usually cost 5 - 15. 

It's even more curious that other classes always have something of the sort that allow them to get more resource or more benefits rather than more damage but Revenants don't really have that kind of option to get more resource or a refund or any sort of mechanical quality of life.