Best Teammate For a Berserker

Crimson Flame.2503

When selecting a single teammate for a PvW campaign, particularly when fighting through dungeons and exploring the Mists, what type of profession - including elite specializations - makes the ideal partner for a berserker? Though I would imagine it depends on a variety of factors, including level, types of enemies faced, ability scores/attributes, and weapons/gear equipped by both players, I mean on a relatively general basis. 

Someone with proficient healing capabilities and shielding spells comes to mind, and a friend suggested a solid tank with high support and recovery enhancement capabilities. As a newcomer, I'm looking for any additional comprehensive input.

Edited by Crimson Flame.2503

If the Berserker is using the King of Fires trait, then an Elementalist that is built towards creating fire auras and sharing them via the water trait Powerful Aura would be very useful and synergize well.  Such an elementalist would also likely spend the lion's share of attunement in fire, creating fire fields and might, which if the Berserker has taken the traits Might Makes Right (Strength) can heal from.  Warrior in general is strongest in melee, so as far as WvW goes, you'll find a lot of people always trying to range them down... I'm not sure if it's still viable, but when I played WvW I enjoyed having my Elementalist chain cast magnetic aura on myself and my roommate, pressuring our opponents to close into melee when he'd take them on with his Scourge... I don't see why that wouldn't work for a Berserker + Elementalist pairing, too.

There's probably other good pairings for the Berserker in PvP/WvW, but I haven't played that mode enough to offer much more than that.  I hope it helps, though. 🙂

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643
  • Like 2

That sounds like an incredibly resourceful and creative combination.  I'm not sure if any of my party members has an elementalist in their crews at the moment, but I'll remember this if they happen to accompany me on any missions with one in the future.  

Out of curiosity, since abilities such as Powerful Aura are synergistic, does that have any effect on the skill recovery time?  Would the berserker be able to use King of Fires repeatedly in such an instance without the annoying recharges in between since the energy for them is being provided by the elementalist, or do synchronized skills not work that way?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crimson Flame.2503 said:

That sounds like an incredibly resourceful and creative combination.  I'm not sure if any of my party members has an elementalist in their crews at the moment, but I'll remember this if they happen to accompany me on any missions with one in the future.  

Out of curiosity, since abilities such as Powerful Aura are synergistic, does that have any effect on the skill recovery time?  Would the berserker be able to use King of Fires repeatedly in such an instance without the annoying recharges in between since the energy for them is being provided by the elementalist, or do synchronized skills not work that way?  

The recharge on the King of Fires only applies to the Berserker gaining a fire aura from crits (wiki states this, too).  Any other fire auras gained such as shared from an Elementalist or leap finishers while in a fire field are still gained and able to be detonated with rage skills.  So, yeah, as long as the Berserker keeps getting fire auras, they can keep blasting them.

~EpWa

• Like 1