Alac Specter Concerns / Comments

HekateKitty.1796

Is there a reason for shadow tether not prioritizing nearby allies? Yes im aware we can set a target via siphon but if the tether breaks it does not go back to the selected ally it choses a random person in your sub group. I noticed during QTP that my tether keep chosing the pylon player in my sub instead of our healer who was right next to me. If they're going to make it so our alac pulses around the tethered ally it should at least operate proximity base. Simplest solution would be letting the alac pulse off the specter though I understand they don't want to do that for flavor purposes. 
So only other options are; let the ally we chose with siphon stay as the chosen ally not have it break off if they move away (meaning if they're in range when we're in shroud it should chose them) or if we don't chose an ally have it chose the closest one.

TLDR: Shadow tether need works if anet insists on having alac only pulse off of the tethered ally and not the specter themselves 

Yes I know I could just keep re-tethering but it's annoying and no other class has to deal with that. Scourge just replaces their shrouds and mech just needs to call their mech to the correct location. Both of those are controlled by the support player compared to alac specter where if our tethered ally decides to go play in the corner we have no option besides interrupting rotation and manually setting our ally just to have to reset retether if that one moves to far. 

Edited by HekateKitty.1796
Clarification
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 8:52 AM, Ysesper.3047 said:

Wait until  you discover that it can tether to a mesmer phantom and it dissapears once the phantom dissapears because for some reason it has no priority whatsoever.

Well now that just sucks extra, I know they semi neglect thief but dang.