Guardians are just not fun to play against.

16 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Weren't you the guy making threads about nerfing dh (now I see you added willbender) because you couldn't beat them on your core malyx/ventari mace/axe/shortbow condi build?

I don't speak for everybody, but my build choice is seperate to my opinion on specs "unbias". I also played a lot of cata, and repeatedly stated it was too good in the hands of a pro, just like hollo is now. However.. if youre are going to have overperforming specs (which is enevitable) then ATLEAST make them hard OR punishing to play, which cata and hollo are.. and gaurdian in general, is not. Suspend your own bias, and read what ive just said again.

11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Don't try to die to his build ;), which you probably underestimate too much 😂. Since he is atm ez plat with it solo queues ^^

Nooooo... keep understimating it 😜 Its half the reason it works. My luck will run out ;/.. and back to gold hell no doubt.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

@Flowki.7194 i wouldn't not rly say "Guardian in general" its more like "this specific builds". There are some Guardian builds around that need good skills to see play in higher elo. (Just as core power Guardian for example) As there are catalyst builds around that are ways too punishing for just doing rotations spaming (for example FA catalyst doing around 10k on range with immunity/blinds/Blocks)

Edited by Myror.7521

On 1/24/2024 at 6:25 PM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Why does it feel like guardians or so heavily overtuned whenever you play against them. Its like they always have too many tools to deal with any given situation.
Its just not fun to encounter, and if the enemy team has a core guardian and you dont its almost a guarantee that you cant win teamfights. They always just bring so much utility and defenses that its borderline impossible to break through.

The current flavor of the month being Dragonhunter isnt shocking considering all the small buffs and QOL updates that Guardian as a profession gets. But it seems all these small buffs have coalesced into something to difficult to fight against that its downright not fun to fight.

The worst part about it is that I dont see any major corrective changes coming in the future. Grenth knows that if Willbender has been left as it is in WvW then nothing is gonna happen to correct it.
What corrective changes can you make to this profession, where do you even start?

This is all coming from playing against guardians in sPvP for about a year now and its coming to the point where PvP as a mode is getting downright unbearable to play.

Is anyone else feeling this way or am I finally losing it?

Sounds like a skill issue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3