Mantra of Pain still requires a target (to a degree)

Sorasnobody.9350

With the 30th of January patch, Mantra of Pain was changed so that you can consume charges when you don't have a target selected, which is really nice, as it lets you spam this during down time on Heal Chronomancer or hell, even dps boon Chronomancer for a solid 16 might, which is handy. However, I would assume this Mantra now not needing a target, should extend to using the charges while you have something targeted? Much like Mantra of Concentration/Resolve/Recovery. I know there is an added benefit of the damage and possible vulnerability, but I feel that should be a case of you get that if you are close enough and they are in line of sight, if not, oh well, charge is used and you can get back to preparing it.

I was very much looking forward to it having 0 target dependency, but at the moment, the charges will not fire when you have something selected and you aren't within line of sight/range, which can make it feel janky, if a boss is moving about, or you need to look away for a moment for a mechanic, or the boss isn't right there in front of you. I don't know if this is intended as I suppose in essence, the Mantra's charge does not require a target now, but its basically exactly the same as it was before this QoL change when you do have a target, which is sorta counter productive, as you can't really play anything without targeting the boss, to try and make use of spamming this mantra without a target.

More than anything I'm posting this here just as visibility for this, in case this is not intended, but if nothing gets changed about it I suppose it is, and I'll just roll with that 😊

Edited by Sorasnobody.9350