Bug with consumables ! Claudia help me

Siema, why can't I use gunks in fractals? It was in no way mandatory; it was skillful and good for the economy. I probably threw away 5k of gold on the ground. It did not affect other players in any way; it wasn't anything special at all, but it was something that made me happy. Can you give me reasons why this item is blocked? Could I talk to someone about this?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ettin_Gunk here link to item 

Spoiler

I am very sad 😞 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

I am running into the same issue right now.. I bought gunk shortly before the patch.. I don't understand why they would patch something that doesn't hurt anyone! If you want to use it use it, if you don't then don't. 

Totally unnecessary change. Would be glad to see devs actually listen to a very small group of people and bring back the fun. 😔

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well, well, well,

Seems like you've stumbled upon a quagmire of frustratoin, eh? Can't sling your gunk around in fractals anymore, huh? I feel your pain, mate. It's like they've taken away your favorite toy without so much as a 'by your leave.'

But hold on a sec, let's dissect this dilemna, shall we? 🤔 Who's to say why they yanked the gunk from our grasp? Maybe they reckon it's too much of a wild card, throwing off the delicate balance of fractal dynamics. Or perhaps they just felt like shaking things up, who knows?

You reckon it didn't hurt nobody, right? Just a bit of harmless fun, boosting your spirits and the economy along the way. Yet, here we are, mourning the loss of 5k gold scattered like confetti on the digital floor. 😔

Now, about talking to someone – sure, give it a shot. Maybe shoot a flare towards ArenaNet's ivory tower and see if anyone's listening. Can't promise they'll be keen on chatting, but hey, stranger things have happened in Tyria, right?

Keep your chin up, pal. In the grand scheme of things, this might just be a blip on the radar. Who knows, maybe one day we'll look back and laugh about the great gunk debakle of 2024! Until then, keep slinging spells and spreading that fractal magic, my friend.

Yours in fractal frustrattion,

Janjitsur

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Regarding the removal of bottles (link: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bottle), I'm having difficulty understanding the logic behind items that players can purchase for karma and use in fractals, but now they can't. What's the purpose of having these items if they can't be used in instanced content? It seems inconsistent to have some items function while others don't. Perhaps they should either remove all such items or allow their use. I'm not the gamemaster, but it's disheartening to leave fractals at this time due to the removal of tools that added to my gameplay experience.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1