PLS NERF RANGER MACE

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Such an overarching statement...care to elaborate? I'd love to know how ranger counters guard, as I've already given a bunch of unanswered examples of the opposite.

Druid countered DH on release and also didnt stop to do so. DH just doesn't have a way to kill it since the combo doesn't oneshot any semi competent druid and it doesn't have enough sustained dmg to kill it after the combo. If druid gets pressured they can just kite while pet deals dmg.
In PoF boonbeast hardcountered any type of duellist that didn't have enough dmg (so 80% of duellists) including any variant of guardian. PSLB could be killed but only if they didnt dodge F1 and didn't run unblockables.
Untamed also just kills DH and Willbender.
Idk how you think core guard vs druid is a stalemate, druid just outsustains core guard.

Generally speaking passive damage is really good against guardians bc it makes aegis completely useless. Pet triggers traps from range and DH lacks a lot of it's burst.
Ranger has really good kiting and core/DH just can't keep up with that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tharan.9085 said:

Druid countered DH on release and also didnt stop to do so. DH just doesn't have a way to kill it since the combo doesn't oneshot any semi competent druid and it doesn't have enough sustained dmg to kill it after the combo. If druid gets pressured they can just kite while pet deals dmg.

Thanks for expanding on that; I will agree to disagree with this as from my perspective, Druid has no good way out of traps like Dragon's Maw--as yeah you can roll/stunbreak through it if you time it just right, but that's really hard to do outside of when it triggers on an empty node. 

Pet also won't necessarily be able to trigger the traps if it is busy doing something else (asynchronously fighting another enemy), so many times I've accidently wandered into an off-node trap only to get stuck and have to try to blow stunbreak or get stab (which is tough on ranger to begin with).  

Oneshots are also kind of simplified here, as if get KD by trap or tether into it, it's fully possible to die from the amount of burn a Guard can then freecast on you.  Sure, there are condi cleanses, but not always available when competent Guard pull you into said traps.  

I still think Core guard outsustains Druid if they know to wait out the astral avatar, as core guard has way more access to stability.  So, Druid is going to have to kite off node a lot unless like spec'd entirely for barrier, but even then will just get CC'd to death because of lack of stab.  

WB is probably even fight, may favor ranger (unlike WvW).  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Thanks for expanding on that; I will agree to disagree with this as from my perspective, Druid has no good way out of traps like Dragon's Maw--as yeah you can roll/stunbreak through it if you time it just right, but that's really hard to do outside of when it triggers on an empty node. 

Pet also won't necessarily be able to trigger the traps if it is busy doing something else (asynchronously fighting another enemy), so many times I've accidently wandered into an off-node trap only to get stuck and have to try to blow stunbreak or get stab (which is tough on ranger to begin with).  

Oneshots are also kind of simplified here, as if get KD by trap or tether into it, it's fully possible to die from the amount of burn a Guard can then freecast on you.  Sure, there are condi cleanses, but not always available when competent Guard pull you into said traps.  

I still think Core guard outsustains Druid if they know to wait out the astral avatar, as core guard has way more access to stability.  So, Druid is going to have to kite off node a lot unless like spec'd entirely for barrier, but even then will just get CC'd to death because of lack of stab.  

WB is probably even fight, may favor ranger (unlike WvW).  

Ok that comment just screams gold player to me.

In what world do you not have enough pet control to sync your targets?

In what world is DRAGONS MAW a problem for any druid with 2 braincells?

In what world does a core guard CC a druid to death?

Edit: 

In what world is condi DH a Thing?

Edited by Tharan.9085
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

In what world do you not have enough pet control to sync your targets?

Tell me you have no idea what I'm talking about without telling me you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Synchronous fighting with the pet is often a dumb idea, as it can do more than one thing (you fight on node, it fights off).  In layman's terms, if I run on the node and my pet is currently fighting something off it--I get hit by the trap. 

In what world does a core guard CC a druid to death?

You're not reading, because you don't want to read.  If the Druid is spec'd for barrier, they can stay on the node but will get CC'd by anything on the node because no stab (unlike core guard).  Also, to use your terms, in what world is a Druid fighting a Core guard 1v1?

Also, to inform you--'gold player' is such an old insult, because on NA, you can look up pretty much any given players here (aside from a select few like grim and eura) and see that they are 1450~1550 (including Sayian who is the only Guard I've seen from NA on here in my games).  The days of your '1600+ is a good player' are long gone, my friend.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Tell me you have no idea what I'm talking about without telling me you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Synchronous fighting with the pet is often a dumb idea, as it can do more than one thing (you fight on node, it fights off).  In layman's terms, if I run on the node and my pet is currently fighting something off it--I get hit by the trap. 

You're not reading, because you don't want to read.  If the Druid is spec'd for barrier, they can stay on the node but will get CC'd by anything on the node because no stab (unlike core guard).  Also, to use your terms, in what world is a Druid fighting a Core guard 1v1?

Also, to inform you--'gold player' is such an old insult, because on NA, you can look up pretty much any given players here (aside from a select few like grim and eura) and see that they are 1450~1550 (including Sayian who is the only Guard I've seen from NA on here in my games).  The days of your '1600+ is a good player' are long gone, my friend.  

I am well aware that there only like 20 good players on NA, ty

• Confused 1