Secrets of the Obscure: Commander without a Cause. Level 80 Warrior unable to kill demon. It could be a bug.

I spent half an hour switching between weapons and dying a dozen times but the Champion demon's health remained at 85% full. I saw a youtube video of someone using an engineer and killed it in 5 mins using a rifle. 

You can't exactly compare weapons between classes. Greatsword is a melee weapon, right? Nope, not on mesmer. (I remember a comment from somewhere back when Virtuose (I think?) was announced that said something like 'someday they'll release a bow for mesmer and it will be used to blugeon enemies.' 🤣

So that someone was able to do it on an engi with a rifle says absolutely nothing about the success of a trying it with a rifle on warrior.

That's said, if you've tried different weapons, you might have encountered a bug. If you retry the instance and then succeed with ease, it probably was a bug. If you restart the instance and still have issues, you might need to update your warrior's build. In my experience any story instance bugs that were not massively encountered at launch, tend to not repeat themselves on a second play through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, puayguan.5231 said:

I spent half an hour switching between weapons and dying a dozen times but the Champion demon's health remained at 85% full. I saw a youtube video of someone using an engineer and killed it in 5 mins using a rifle. 

An Engineer is not a Warrior. In that video, she's using a rifle, but she also has her Mech out and is using a rotation with grenades. You can't do that on a Warrior, and rifle is one of the slowest weapons, in terms of DPS, that Warrior can use. But if the boss just stayed at 85% no matter what you did, then that sounds like an uncommon bug that should fix itself if you restart that instance.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907