Post Processing Options: Issues with "Selection Outline" checkbox being tied to glow on selected objects

Pretty please : Could we get seperate checkboxes for the yellow outline around the selected objects and the "glow" effect (ie the increased brightness to help you see what you selected)?

Because at the moment as soon as you customize your settings, when you deselect "Selection Outline" the yellow outlines disappear but so does the glow effect. So the setting toggles both effects,

However, previously you would always have the glow effect even with post processing turned off. And even now, if you have post processing on the premade setting "none" you dont't get the yellow outlines but the objects you mouse over still glow.

So I assume it's 2 different settings behind the scenes.

• Like 5

I came here looking for what I think is the same thing you're describing.

Before the patch, I had post-processing off and had the nice "glow" effect on objects, characters, etc. without the annoying green/red/etc. outlines. Now I either have to have them both (glow+outline) or completely off.

Are there any plans to separate them again so we can have the glow/highlight without the colored outlines, or vice-versa?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MorganOneNine.1025 said:

I came here looking for what I think is the same thing you're describing.

Before the patch, I had post-processing off and had the nice "glow" effect on objects, characters, etc. without the annoying green/red/etc. outlines. Now I either have to have them both (glow+outline) or completely off.

Are there any plans to separate them again so we can have the glow/highlight without the colored outlines, or vice-versa?

Yes, that's what I meant 🤓 

I'd also prefer to have just the glow effect without the outline, but the only way to get that currently is to select the post processing option "none" from the drop down menu and then not touch anything. As soon as you tick one of the checkboxes you either have both, the outlines and the glow, or neither.

Edited by humfrid.2615
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1