Serious Ping Issues

From Singapore, Starhub.

Ping today hovers around 500 with spikes of 2000 to 4000, but that is just the display number.

Typing "ping" in chat and having it appear only after 15 to 20 seconds or more depending on whether map is active or not (Same with mounting or pinata, press button then can be 1 to 3 seconds, or 15 to 20 seconds later).

You get ban if using VPN, and if a VPN is free it is even more crucial you not use it for valued accounts, you should not have to pay extra for services like exitlag/mudfish due to poor ISP routing. Anet has done nothing because they usually say it is not their server issues but your ISP routing. Routing to SEA is also shoddy at best relying on cables going through the middle east which is prone to instability, or there are cable repairs underway and your ISP isn't telling you about it. Check if your ISP is relying only on the SeaMeWe-5 cable which is at fault now. Your option is to change to a better ISP or wait till the repairs are carried out. As for Anet's side, I don't know if adding SEA/Pacific server would solve things, you'd be limited to not playing with EU/NA folk then and it doesn't really solve the original issue of fixing the routing.

Edited by RockHopper.3012

Singapore player with starhub network. having ping with 800- 1k since yesterday. Seems like issue at Amazon Data Services NoVa

Tracing route to ns-1755.awsdns-27.co.uk [205.251.198.219]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  XXX.XXX.XX.X
  2     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  183.90.60.1
  3     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  183.90.44.61
  4     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  183.90.44.41
  5     2 ms    25 ms    11 ms  99.83.70.24
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  ns-1755.awsdns-27.co.uk [205.251.198.219]

Edited by Kel.9406
  • Like 2

From Singapore with Starhub.

Having ping up to more than 2000 for days now. Trying to get support to help but they are the best gaslighting agents in the world. Told on and on about their self-help articles that does nothing and whether I check my ISP or whether my PC suck. 

Kept asking to generate logs from different multiples tools and yet given no solution. As far as I can tell, they got noone reading the Forums. ☹️

• Confused 1

From Singapore, playing on Jade Quarry, experiencing average ping spike from 1-2k... Practically unplayable atm... Even the Black Lion Company store won't load properly for me. And this was notably after last weekend... 😰

7 minutes ago, snares.5801 said:

From Singapore, playing on Jade Quarry, experiencing average ping spike from 1-2k... Practically unplayable atm... Even the Black Lion Company store won't load properly for me. And this was notably after last weekend... 😰

Are u using starhub? I am wondering if issue with our ISP.

43 minutes ago, snares.5801 said:

Yeah I'm using Starhub. It's cursed LOL. Or maybe it's the oil spill. 😂 Lord have mercy.

Maybe due to starhub network traffic throttling for EURO 2024. Since our issue first started from 15/6 with is first match. 😅