I would like to ask the official staff about the WVW network delay issue.

I have a few questions for the official team:

Why is it that during WVW events, my network becomes so delayed that I can't even play (ping spikes to over 2K), especially when facing a particular group of players?
Even when facing hundreds of enemies, this delay only occurs when that specific group of players is nearby, and their numbers are fewer than 50. I've reported this issue to customer service, and after data analysis, the problem was identified as packet loss, but it has yet to be resolved.
The response suggested several possible reasons:

My ISP service may be overloaded, but why does this only happen when encountering that group of players?
As an international player, I understand that I may experience latency issues, which I can tolerate when my ping is around 200 during normal gameplay. However, during WVW events, encountering that specific group of enemies causes such severe delays that I cannot continue playing, even though my ping remains around 200 when they are not nearby. I find this confusing.
I've ruled out other factors, such as running bandwidth-consuming programs during gameplay. I only have GW2 open while playing, and I have never used third-party programs. There are no other running tools in the system, yet the issue persists.

So, my reasonable assumption is this:
When I enter the battlefield, AWS assigns me the same server IP as that specific group of players. However, those players are using third-party tools like ArcDPS, which fetch a large number of packets from the IP server, thus occupying more service resources. This leads to delays for other players connected to the same IP server (like me and my friends). Of course, this is just speculation and requires verification from the official team.

If these legally marginal third-party programs are not explicitly prohibited by the official, such as ArcDPS, why not incorporate them directly into the game? I believe this wouldn't be difficult for the ArenaNet engineers. However, if there's a possibility that these tools themselves could cause the aforementioned issues (including congestion on specific IP servers or overloading client/server performance), then why not prohibit their use? It's already causing a lot of trouble for many people!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1