Minimap not changing levels consistently

I had an odd bug earlier; I was in Verdant Brink, and after dropping down from the canopy, my minimap didn’t change level/layer with me — it stayed stuck on the canopy level, which made navigating and seeing events around where I actually was in the map quite difficult.

I was going to chalk that off as a one-off weird bug, but I was just in Divinity’s Reach and noticed that again, the level I was actually on was greyed out. Once this has happened, there doesn’t seem to be any way to fix it without leaving the map; there aren’t layer controls on the minimap (because it’s always meant to show the layer you’re on), and changing levels/layers on the big map does nothing.

Has anyone else noticed this happening? No idea what the trigger could be, I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, but I’d never seen it until now.

Edited by Manpag.6421
Tweaked title to be more specific

• Manpag.6421 changed the title to Minimap not changing levels consistently
10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just tried it in Divinity's Reach and no issue with compass.

Not super surprised, it doesn’t happen all the time to me, it was just odd that it happened twice in one day. I’ll keep an eye on it in future and try a repair if it happens again, but I’ve amended the topic title to reflect more accurately that this is an occasional bug, not an every time thing.

No idea what might trigger it; I thought it might have been using a Jade Bot Personal Waypoint on a different level, but I do that all the time in VB and I hadn’t done that in DR so unlikely. It’s possible I landed somewhere that was right on the boundary between levels and the game didn’t update properly when going down.

I've had this happen too and it's something that's been happening before the latest patch. something bugs out and the layers don't transition properly on the mini map. Had it happen in bloodstone fen where all the nodes are mashed together and you can't tell what level it's on.  no idea what causes it as well.