Trouble getting credit for final stage of Drizzlewood Coast meta (I need otters!)

Hey all! I am trying to collect otters for the significan otter achievement. Sometimes when I am in the final battle of the Drizzlewood Coast meta, I don't get anything from the final chest. I see all of the other chests in a ring on the ground where the chest is supposed to be.

Why don't I get credit sometimes? Is that final chest limited to once a day?

EDIT: Yes, I have significant otter unlocked in case that matters.

Edited by Perle.7352
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Perle.7352 said:

Hey all! I am trying to collect otters for the significan otter achievement. Sometimes when I am in the final battle of the Drizzlewood Coast meta, I don't get anything from the final chest. I see all of the other chests in a ring on the ground where the chest is supposed to be.

Why don't I get credit sometimes? Is that final chest limited to once a day?

EDIT: Yes, I have significant otter unlocked in case that matters.

Glorious/Magnificent (Boss) Chest are once per day per account. 

These weapons can be salvaged for 10 Memory of Otter each.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanic_Stormcaller_Weapon_Box#Acquisition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I just did it again after reset. I did not get any otters again. Same conditions as original post.

I do have a character parked on a ledge at the end and I don't do the full meta, so I will drop down and kill the dragon after the final cannon stage. Is that maybe it? I didn't participate in previous stages?

• Confused 2