Trailer feedback

New trailer  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would the trailer attract you to join the game as a new player?

• Yes
    • No

Hi all,

I was trying to get my friend to join me in GW2 with the new upcoming expansion. I sent him the Trailer (he never played GW2 before) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3DCrUtjNU

And I have to agree with him "it looks like some kickstarter MMO or fan made video". I played GW2 when it was released and also now and I like the latest expansion and I enjoy the game, and I am sure the new expansion will be actually good, but at least the trailer will hardly attract anyone to join the journey 😞

Show some new mass player world boss event, some part of the map where there is actually some content visible and cool graphics - what can be done in the game, explain the new weapons or new skills, some new mechanics.

I bought lot of mount skins, you guys have bucks to do that! Get someone who can make it bit more dramatic, explain the key changes, show something impressive and attractive, roadmap for raids etc, new big bad scary boss.

Cheers (looking forward to the new expansion)

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

In my opinion, that wasn't a trailer but more of a teaser aimed at the community rather than potential new players.  It even says expansion announcement rather than a trailer.  I think it will be fine when a proper trailer is released for the expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that trailer was made for us veterans, not new players. To be fair, it's VERY hard to create an expansion that makes the base game a 'must buy'. Honestly the only possible feature in JW that has any potential to draw in new players is the homestead. Everything else in that trailer means nothing to someone who isn't already playing. New raids, new maps to explore, and new legendary equipment are not what can draw in new players. If they aren't already playing, adding more to the content they are already not playing is not going to get them to join. If the homestead feature on its own is not expansive and engaging enough then this expansion won't be able to draw in new players.

Anyone who is not already playing this game that doesn't have at least some familiarity with the lore and the characters shown in the trailer (like Countess Anise for example) is going to see that trailer and forget about it as soon as the video is done playing.

• Thanks 1