Are we stuck on Umbriel?

I don't know how this happens but ever since Umbriel was added I keep getting him over and over, with the last three weeks being almost only Umbriel on convergences.

I think I had Sorrow once.

And of course it keeps failing, because, well, Public.

TBH I like the challenge Umbriel brings into convergences but having the same fight every time is annoying and Umbriel needs better structured groups than most other ones.

It also doesn't help instanced content has no system to deal with AFKers.

• Like 1

I did a public convergence a couple days ago, and Dreadwing showed up as the final boss.  So things are not completely stuck (previously public I was in a week or so back did have Umbriel, and it failed when he was down to 2% health).

I sort of think a better approach of it being random (and you don't even know which one until the pre events have been done) that the final boss be on a rotating schedule, so you know even before entering the convergence what the final boss for the day is.  Anet could even then add an achievement for defeating all the different bosses, since it would be reasonable to know 'I need boss X - he will show up next Tuesday, so I'll do a convergence then'

• Like 1

Too many people do not understand the fight with Umbriel.  Its more about staying alive and getting essences to Zojja than DPS.  That said, the failure rate with public groups is unacceptably high, its time for the Devs to take a good hard look at why it fails when Umbriel is at 1% and Zojja was almost 50%, but zero essences, Zojja surrounded by spinning axes, and Umbriel spawns his minions.  Keeps happening over and over.  Until i hear its balanced I'll be leaving the instance as soon as I see Umbriel.  I'm not at all saying make it easy, but every time I've gone in lately, I keep getting Umbriel!!!!!! I'd say the public fail rate is no less than 60 or 70% there shouldn't be this much failure on a public convergence, its just a waste of 30 min right now with no real reward.