3 points to improve mirage.

Khalni.3864

(saw the other topics on the problem, made a different one cause my ideas are way different and more radical imho)
I feel like mirage is in a bad spot cause you want damage? Play Virt. You want to be boondps/boonheal? play chrono. Mesmer is the only class that didn't separate alac and quick and left the third elite for pure dps (tbh i don't understand alac given to bladesworn instead of spellbreaker, but that's for another topic). Chrono was the elite to go for boons even before the rework that gave a boon to an elite for each class, so i don't think it's fair to cut quick or alac from it. But how does that make it possible to bring back mirage?

• Make mirage viable in giving only one boon (without being forced into staff) but make it viable in all the three roles: dps, boondps, boonheal. Keep in mind i didn't say "make it top tier": viable is ok! We don't need 100% of virt's damage or 100% of chrono's versatility. Just give us a way to perform well in all roles.
  • Get rid of shatters. Instead, create a system that gives you charges when you overflow in illusions (or make it opposite of virtuoso: summoning a phantasm creates a clone and gives you a charge), and let us use those charges to activate various effects (heal/stunbreak/cc/boon/dps) via ambushes and mirrors.
  •  Last but not least, rework the traitline and the utilities. There's no point in forcing mirage to condi, give us a couple of buffs do power damage, insert a heal trait, and make the class more flexible. Rework a column to improve the new "shatters",  helping us in doign the three roles (one trait for powerdps, one for condidps, one for boons). Make another column improve the ambushes/mirrors (with a heal trait too). And improve utilities. Mirage advance is pretty much useless, and Crystal oasis doesn't work well.

All in the name of having a versatile spec. Viable in dps, viable in boondps (only one boon), viable as a healer (i want using mantras and rifle!)

Maybe too much of a rweork, but maybe Mirage needs a huge one.

Edited by Khalni.3864
  • Like 1

• Khalni.3864 changed the title to 3 points to improve mirage.