Can we tackle the botters please

There are a stack of AFK players just farming the water in blood tide coast. I am sure this happens all over the game.

Not giving another penny to the game via microtransactions to buy gems if this continues without a fix.

Edited by Craven.9462
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Another post for mods to lock, here is the response you will get:

"This isn't a subject to discuss in the forums Please, if you witness any of these acts while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter."

Can only advise you report and supply as much evidence as possible. It is impossible for a player to decide whether someone sitting in one spot unresponsive is botting or not, however if a member of ANET staff whispers that player then they must respond or be deemed AFK farming.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I don't think it applies in this case, I am worried about the game economy if this continues, and it's something that we should all openly talk about and try and find a solution (as it obviously still happens).

Also, based on your reply, you are saying it's ok to have it running in the background AFK farming as long as you reply to a MOD? That also doesn't sound like a great solution either. On the flip side, if this allowed, I am going to be setting up an alt account asap to farm in the background instead of paying for gems.

Edited by Craven.9462
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Craven.9462 said:

I don't think it applies in this case, I am worried about the game economy if this continues, and it's something that we should all openly talk about and try and find a solution (as it obviously still happens).

no,
this post is verbatim every other post about AFK farming,
mods will lock it, and you will be told  "This isn't a subject to discuss in the forums Please, if you witness any of these acts while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter."

devs are fully aware of the situation, we do not need a post every week on the subject.

and no, AFK farming is now allowed

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craven.9462 said:

Also, based on your reply, you are saying it's ok to have it running in the background AFK farming as long as you reply to a MOD? That also doesn't sound like a great solution either. On the flip side, if this allowed, I am going to be setting up an alt account asap to farm in the background instead of paying for gems.

The response I quoted is verbatim the response of a moderator locking a topic very much like yours earlier today.

Also yes, it is okay to leave the game running in the background provided you are in attendance and able to respond if a mod messages you. What you are not allowed to do is employ macros to perform more than one action or perform actions on multiple accounts simultaneously.

I am not saying that what you are seeing is not botting, but you don't get to decide whether or not they are, no matter how obvious it seems. Anet's position on this is quite clear, report any issues and let them deal with it, there is nothing more to discuss about it on the forums. Whether or not you or I agree with that is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1