Thunderhead Peaks Oil Floe "META"

Bish.8627

Can this get retuned a bit? Trying to get my amulet done and if the event doesnt have people defending, or people randomly tag down and dont bother, between no one defending pumps and if you get past that then oil isnt spawning at all, no matter what you do, you cant complete the event, then you have to wait 2 hours for it again. Just remove the defend parts and have one map wide oil collection rather than 3. Even at peak hours there is 10-20 people max trying to do it. Off peak its literally impossible.

I agree that I've seen it looking dead at times but I have also I succeeded the Oil Floe meta twice on different days a couple of weeks ago (which is when I reached Thunderhead Peaks in my playthrough of LWS4).

I suspect numbers depends a lot on what else is going on - we have the Festival of the Four Winds currently which is very popular and has reduced player counts pretty much everywhere else in the game. Then, when the Festival ends, the new expansion will release which will likely have an even bigger impact (ie lots of people playing in JW will reduce player counts everywhere). 

I would suggest trying it at peak times on a day when Thunderhead Peaks is the daily LWS4 map (expand Daily in achievements and then click on LWS4). Perhaps in the next week or two while the Festival is still going on (but probably having a smaller effect as people engage less over time) but before JW releases on 20 August.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 1

We had S3 return to event recently. JW release soon. A return to PoF and then S4 ... might happen when there is free time in between other releases/festivals. Then more people will do this meta correctly I guess. Not a permanent solution though. (And takes time to wait long.)

Did you try it at least then this map was on S4 daily? At least around maybe 2020/21 I think it was possible to still get people trying to do it. Outside of the dailies it generally seemed empty on older maps. Also try then to look for a squad earlier (in lfg). Randoms often fail or the last-minute generated squad.

If it then is still impossible ... ArenaNet needs to take a look at it again. Though ... the events basically are fine. Not too hard and we even had power creep increased with EoD and SotO. Might just be the need of people similar to the east meta in Vabbi that has not too many people doing it. (West one is easier for the daily chest. And only a few collections enforce participating in the east one.)