Homestead Decoration Ideas

Intro:

While I know Homestead decorations are somewhat bugged right now, I thought this could be a good opportunity for us to discuss decoration ideas NOT included so far in Janthir Wilds. I know each quarterly release is going to introduce various new decorations to the game over the next year (so some of the ideas discussed here might already be in development) but it's still a fun topic to dive into nonetheless. I am going to focus entirely on Asuran decorations (as an asura main) but you guys feel free to reply with decoration ideas for the other races. Hopefully we can get a good discussion going 🙂

Asuran Homestead Decoration Ideas:

1. General Asuran walls, roofs, lighting & consoles.

2. A full deactivated Asuran Golem we can place in the world and all of its individual pieces (e.g a Golem Arm). Ideally with different golem style variants including the Inquest.

3. Peacemaker and Inquest banners and emblems.

4. Asura College Banners (e.g College of Statics Banner).

5. Conduit Towers as we need to power our Homestead Laboratories somehow! Could also include the Mini-Conduit Tower.

6. A placeable version of our asura's first Personal Story inventions (all idle and deactivated). The VAL-A Golem, a Transatmospheric Converter (could be similar in design to the weather device used in the Idea Incubation Lab) or the Infinity Ball. Being able to place our character's old inventions would add a nice sentimental value to our Homestead and they could also be named items acquired through the Personal Story.

7. Alternate appearances of the Asuran Lab Table with placeable versions of the table clutter. 

8. This one is kind of niche but I would love it if we could have our Asura Player Character's Old Desk available as a Homestead decoration. It could be named and interactable, displaying the same pop up dialogue as it does when you interact with it in the Splorg Metamystics Lab. Perhaps this decoration is acquired through an achievement where you have to recover it personally from the Progeny Precollege before unlocking its recipe. Something about having my old childhood desk in my Homestead is so adorable!

9. Asura crates and boxes (similar to the model of the Mini Golem Bomb Consumable).

10. Asura Tents, similar to that which various NPC Krewe's use around Metrica Province (e.g at Survivor's Encampment). It would be nice to set up a little Krewe camp away from the main Homestead structure. 

11. Asura Bridges like the ones linking various platforms in Rata Sum.

12. Beds that are built with Asura in mind! In SOTO's sixth chapter "Tower Of Secrets" we can enter Zojja's Quarters in the Southern Wizard's Tower. I really like how Zojja sleeps inside a hexagon structure here. If we could recreate this in our own homes that would be great! 

13. Asura Market stalls found throughout Metrica Province. There could also be larger food related inventions, such as the models found around Prazz in the Synergetics Union. I especially love the asura shelf on the left of the Cooking Station that holds various utensils and pots.

14. I'm not sure what the link for them would be but the glowing plants that you can find sticking out of bushes all over Soren Draa could work. Additionally there are so many Asura themed rugs and carpets to be found at this location!

15. There is an asura named Spekk in Rata Sum that has a little farm area of Juvenile Siamoth. There appears to be some sort of "farm food dispenser" for the animals there above boxes of hay. I would love to add this device to the mount stable in my Homestead!

16. Lab Equipment (e.g Ooze Containers). Could also include empty variants. Potions and bottles. Holographic Displays.

Conclusion:

That is all the ideas I have so far but I will reply with more should I think of them! The benefits to us receiving Homesteads twelve years into the games lifespan is that there are so many incredible models already in the game that are great candidates to bring to our homes. Happy Homesteading!

Edited by lucky charms.2758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1