Sitting in chair not refreshing Homestead version of Well Rested

On 8/25/2024 at 9:11 PM, Arcosa.9123 said:

Title.

If I remember correctly, it would work to refresh the Arborstone and Wizard's Tower versions.

You dont need to sit in those zones to get the "Well Rested" buff. My characters never use chairs (bad for the back, shorten muscle groups etc) but do receive the rested buff in both Arborstone and Wizard's tower, but not the homestead. I had understood that it would give one but can confirm that it isnt. Perhaps it is a mastery level thing? I haven't progressed that mastery yet. 

On 8/27/2024 at 5:11 PM, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

You dont need to sit in those zones to get the "Well Rested" buff. My characters never use chairs (bad for the back, shorten muscle groups etc) but do receive the rested buff in both Arborstone and Wizard's tower, but not the homestead. I had understood that it would give one but can confirm that it isnt. Perhaps it is a mastery level thing? I haven't progressed that mastery yet.

Not sitting in those zones, but if you had the Arborstone or Wizard's Tower buff, you could sit ELSEWHERE to refresh the empowered resting buff instead of getting the chair buff.

• Like 1

I noticed that you get the Resting in Chair effect while Highly Well Rested in a Comfy Home is already applied. So, I suspect that the chair will only ever give you the "old" buff. However, once the chair's 5 minute effect timer expires, the effect just disappears. You don't (visibly) receive the "old" buff alongside the "new" buff either. I haven't tested if the buff is applied invisibly.

Anyway, I support the notion that chairs should just refresh either buff, not just the old one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...