So now that we've nerfed power mirage, when we nerfing holosmith/dh/everything else?

Power mirage, when played right in OPEN FIELD, could hit pretty well. Was it meta? No, but it still got its main damage source cut by like 25-30%.

So, what happened? 

Well, mirage's great sword ambush is GIANT purple beam that hits several people. If a DEV gets hit with the main beam (hits 3 players, not 5 like most skills), they're going to see their health drop in-sync with the beam. They're going to associate that burst of damage with that skill. 

Most comps are melee and not pirate ship so you're going to notice when a single player or two is hitting you from range. You're probably not going to notice when there's a holosmith dropping a 20k dps bomb on your zerg. Its probably just going to look like a few people got yeeted back to spawn by the enemy zerg and not any specific class. 

Speaking of holosmith doing more than mirage ever could do, here's a short list of other things that bomb harder: 

Hammer catalyst/tempest (this is kinda a culprit that a lot of people don't know about)

Holosmith (this is the big culprit)

Kinda scrapper? No idea, haven't seen any recently and I don't like the spec enough to try it. 

Staff weaver (which fills a similar role to mirage, but it was also capable of hitting harder) 

DH (and maybe willbender? no idea, haven't seen any in zergs recently) 

Zerker 

Reaper 

Not herald as much, but I'm under the impression rev is providing other things to the zerg apart from damage.

Maybe vindi? not sure, haven't seen them enough 

Also saw an untamed/slb build that was hitting similar numbers more consistently a few months back.

Chronomancer was unironically in a better state than mirage if you could put up with being giga focused 24/7 so you don't botch cont split (or your combo during cont split). 

=================================================================

I don't know about anyone else here, but I'd be real concerned about the future of balance going forward with this not so small nerf to an already off-meta spec. 

of all the thing to nerf in wvw, power mirage was not one of them. it was not that common, and its dmg was not absurd, and the splash was not great....which was fine because it had ranged for an initial spike, but when you hit melee it was substandard to a melee build.

I honestly cant see why this was nerfed at all, let alone to this level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1