[Game bug] Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket - Own PoF, cannot purchase

StinVec.3621

The gem store shows the item is available for purchase, but it states that it requires that I 'upgrade' to be able to purchase the item.Interestingly, I own Path of Fire which I upgraded my core game to shortly after it released.

I do not, however, own HoT.

Does this item require that I purchase HoT, own both HoT and PoF, or that I upgrade to the PoF Digital Deluxe version to be able to purchase it? If so, why does it simply say 'upgrade' my game and not say how I need to upgrade? The GW2 wiki also makes no mention of any upgrade being required to purchase this item.

Note that I have an empty shared inventory slot with more able to be purchased in case it requires one free to be purchasable.

taLtXjJ.png

More information. Identically to how I could not purchase the Branded Wing backpack and Glider Combo as I do not own HoT and the backpack is locked from purchase unlike all other backpack/glider combos are still purchasable without owning HoT, the Account Verification shows that I have upgraded my core game to have an expansion (PoF).gVZyxc3.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my account to where it is inconsistently marked as possessing the PoF expansion due to several gem store items being blocked from purchase behind some needed 'upgrade'.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you checked your API listings, just for further clarity?I imagine only the CS Team could assist you; I've not seen other posts with this issue, though, of course, it's possible others experience it.

Good luck.

Thank you for your thoughts on the issue. I've not seen others with the issue either, so I figure it must be an account issue.

I've contacted support and have received a response, but I'm not too hopeful on getting this fixed considering their response was to tell me that I can't buy this ticket because Silverwastes is locked behind owning Heart of Thorns, and using the ticket transports me to the Silverwastes...yeah, they said that.

Greetings,

In order to purchase the Level 80 Black Lion Ticker from the gem store, you must have Heart of Thorns on your account. The reason why is because when you use the item, it will transport you to Silverwastes. You can't get to Silverwastes without Heart of Thorns. I hope this cleared up the confusion.

Regards,

GM Ultra ViperGuild Wars 2 Support Team

Can't get to Silverwastes without owning HoT? This is really something that I expect anyone familiar with the game knows is completely false as anyone can literally walk right into SW right now, whether they own HoT or not.

I responded politely and stated that this is incorrect information and that Silverwastes is not a Heart of Thorns map. I also noted that I could use the level 80 ticket I received when I purchased Path of Fire, which transported me to the Silverwastes, so clearly it is not related to Silverwastes but more likely an issue with my account.

I'll await a response, but again, I'm not too hopeful of this getting resolved considering they apparently didn't even read my report (and didn't even respond to the rest of my report about why I also couldn't buy the Branded backpack combo like I could any other backpack combo) and due to their thinking Silverwastes is locked behind HoT.

My hope of this issue being resolved is essentially nil considering the help I am getting so far.

Q.Does anyone know if it is possible to request that my ticket be handled by a supervisor or someone else who may know at least something about the game or if I there is something I can say to get someone who could actually try to help me and see what is causing the issue with these items for me?

@StinVec.3621 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you checked your API listings, just for further clarity?I imagine only the CS Team could assist you; I've not seen other posts with this issue, though, of course, it's possible others experience it.

Good luck.

Thank you for your thoughts on the issue. I've not seen others with the issue either, so I figure it must be an account issue.

I've contacted support and have received a response, but I'm not too hopeful on getting this fixed considering their response was to tell me that I can't buy this ticket because Silverwastes is locked behind owning Heart of Thorns, and using the ticket transports me to the Silverwastes...yeah, they said that.

Greetings,

In order to purchase the Level 80 Black Lion Ticker from the gem store, you must have Heart of Thorns on your account. The reason why is because when you use the item, it will transport you to Silverwastes. You can't get to Silverwastes without Heart of Thorns. I hope this cleared up the confusion.

Regards,

Can't get to Silverwastes without owning HoT? This is really something that I expect anyone familiar with the game knows is completely false as anyone can literally walk right into SW right now, whether they own HoT or not.

I responded politely and stated that this is incorrect information and that Silverwastes is not a Heart of Thorns map. I also noted that I could use the level 80 ticket I received when I purchased Path of Fire, which transported me to the Silverwastes, so clearly it is not related to Silverwastes but more likely an issue with my account.

I'll await a response, but again, I'm not too hopeful of this getting resolved considering they apparently didn't even read my report (and didn't even respond to the rest of my report about why I also couldn't buy the Branded backpack combo like I could any other backpack combo) and due to their thinking Silverwastes is locked behind HoT.

My hope of this issue being resolved is essentially nil considering the help I am getting so far.

Q.Does anyone know if it is possible to request that my ticket be handled by a supervisor or someone else who may know at least something about the game or if I there is something I can say to get someone who could actually try to help me and see what is causing the issue with these items for me?

You do have an empty Shared Inventory Slot, yes? You can't purchase a BL L80 Boost without one. Edit: Oh, I see you do. You could try moving items around in those Shared Inventory Slots; just in case.

You can update your ticket and ask that it be escalated to a Senior GM, of course.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Good luck.

Greetings,

Regards,

You
do
have an empty Shared Inventory Slot, yes? You can't purchase a BL L80 Boost without one.

You can update your ticket and ask that it be escalated to a Senior GM, of course.

Thank you for that information! I will update my ticket with this request immediately.

Also, I do have unoccupied shared inventory slots, as well as room for purchasing additional ones. I included a photo in the OP that shows this just in case this was related to the issue. Do you see anything wrong there with my shared slots that could be causing the issue?

I even tried to empty all of them out to see if it was only checking for a specific one to be empty instead of any of them to be empty. This didn't help, unfortunately.

I sincerely thank you for your help!

@nottsgman.8206 said:maybe its really obnoxious and needs the first shared slot open? I have no idea, I haven't bought one myself, but worth a try right?

Thanks for the thoughtful help! I just noted in my post I made while you were writing your response that I thought of this and tried it, but it didn't seem to help fix the issue at all, sadly.

Thank you though! I like your line of troubleshooting thinking.

Yes, I would have tried emptying them, as well.
It is a puzzle. I've never seen anyone with concerns over purchasing the L80 Boost. Either all who posted about the L80 Boost owned HoT, or no one else bumped up against this bug.

I don't see anything in your screenshots that would shed light. I don't know why one would need to own an expansion to be able to buy/use a L80 Boost, anyway. Either HoT or PoF. I will check my alt account.

Edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't even show up for sale on my alt account.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yes, I would have tried emptying them, as well.

It is a puzzle. I've never seen anyone with concerns over purchasing the L80 Boost. Either all who posted about the L80 Boost owned HoT, or no one else bumped up against this bug.

I don't see anything in your screenshots that would shed light. I don't know why one would need to own an expansion to be able to buy/use a L80 Boost, anyway. Either HoT or PoF. I will check my alt account.

Edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't even show up for sale on my alt account.

That's very unexpected. It seems there is a little bit of weirdness with this item.

• Not listed on your alt account as being for sale
  • Listed on your main account as being for sale and purchasable
  • Listed for my account as being for sale, but not purchasable

Very strange.

Thank you very much for checking that and sharing your findings.

What the...? The Silverwastes map was released long before HoT and even before the game had a free-to-play version.

However, the Silverwastes map was part of the living world season 2 story. Do you have all of the LW2 episodes unlocked? Maybe LW2 is the "upgrade" to your account you need to be able to buy the instant level 80 booster, even though you don't need to own LW2 to enter the Silverwastes map (as far as I know).

Apparently Ultra Viper is now ignoring my formal request for my ticket to be escalated to a Senior GM and instead responded telling me to delete my already used Level 80 Ticket I received with PoF so they can send me another to see if the item was bugged and that was what caused it to not be consumable. They have no idea about the issue I'm reporting, ignored my note that I successfully used this PoF Level 80 ticket and that it and Silverwastes have nothing to do with my not being able to purchase a Level 80 Ticket from the gem store, and now are ignoring my request for escalation to a Senior GM.

I'm trying to be patient, but I find this level of 'assistance' unacceptable.

Hello, Ultra Viper.

I'm sorry, but that information is not correct. Silverwastes is not locked behind the Heart of Thorns expansion. It is not an expansion map and is available and accessible without that expansion. Also note that when I purchased Path of Fire that I received a Level 80 Boost Ticket, which transported me to the Silverwastes when it was used, so this identical item from the gem store should also be able to be purchased and used.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Silverwastes

Please review the issues again to see if there is a problem with my account that causes me to not be able to purchase these items.

Thank you.

At this point in time, it has been suggested to me that I request my ticket be escalated to a Senior GM for assistance in getting this account issue resolved.

I formally make this request now.

I await their assistance in resolving all of the issues I'm reporting.

Thank you

Greetings,

Could you please destroy the Level 80 Black Lion Ticket you currently have? Once you are done, reply back and I will sent you another one. I want to see if the one you received earlier could possibly have had an issue with consumability.

Regards,

They also sent this last response twice and ignored my request for escalation.

As I have already stated clearly, I have used the Black Lion Level 80 Ticket I received with Path of Fire and it transported me to Silverwastes. How can I destroy an item that was consumed properly? Also, the issues I have reported about are my inability to purchase a Level 80 ticket and another item from the gem store, not that the one I received with Path of Fire wouldn't consume.

I formally requested my ticket to be escalated to a Senior GM and they did not confirm that they read this request and have escalated it, but instead responded asking me to destroy a ticket that doesn't exist anymore because it did not have a consumability issue and has nothing to do with the issues I am seeking assistance with.

I'm uncertain of how to proceed. I'm not sure if I should even respond as they'd likely ignore anything I respond with.

To anyone:I really would hate to bother Gaile, but would it be recommended that I report this matter in the account issues ticket review thread to see if she can get me some actual assistance?

I just realized that Ultra Viper sounded familiar.

This is the same CS agent who falsely told another customer a month ago that CS doesn't offer support for TP-related issues, which is not true.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16779/ticket-6698735-tp-ate-my-money

Apparently they are still a CS agent despite their apparent consistency in making false statements (such as Silverwastes being locked behind HoT and CS not offering support for TP issues), providing this level of 'support' and disregarding a request for escalation on at least this one occasion.

:\

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:What the...? The Silverwastes map was released long before HoT and even before the game had a free-to-play version.

However, the Silverwastes map was part of the living world season 2 story. Do you have all of the LW2 episodes unlocked? Maybe LW2 is the "upgrade" to your account you need to be able to buy the instant level 80 booster, even though you don't need to own LW2 to enter the Silverwastes map (as far as I know).

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. It was a good idea to check, but unfortunately I do have all of LWS2 unlocked and played through so I do not think it is the cause. :\

idvNYIH.jpg

Archived