Bug to not see people in /say chat

One possibility is that you have the chatbox option to hide messages from foreign languages (those different from what your game client is using) enabled and you or this other person recently changed the client language to another one. This would result in their messages no longer being seen by you as your and their client would no longer be set to the same language. In my experiences, emotes are not affected by this setting, so this supports this as possibly being the cause of the issue.

Example:

• Your client is set to English
  • Their client was set English
  • You have this option enabled
  • You or they recently changed the game client to use another language
  • You will no longer see their text due to this setting being enabled and both clients being set to use different languages

If you recently changed your client language, changing it back to that which it was previously (to match their client language) or disabling this option would correct the issue of their messages being hidden.

If you did not change your client language and would prefer to keep this option enabled, perhaps send this person an in-game mail (if you also do not see their private message responses) and ask them if they recently changed their client language and request they consider changing it back to the same as your client language.

If this is the cause, I hope this has helped. If it is not, I do not currently have any other thoughts on what could be the cause.

Archived