Feedback on Ele Skills

sairing.5832

first,skill burning retreat,it is stalff skill ,always stalff skill is a range weapon,so if u want to make damage must run there,and if u want it to be a doge skill,always it makes u to back side,3d is not good at look at your back what happend,if u doge the first damage ,and u join another aoe ,i think it is a not a good skill,and this skill doge back too far,always not good conrol if u re in corner and if fell down u will die ,this alwasy hapepend in fotm.the party is a 5 mans party,it makes harder for party surve.everyone know ele is a always touching buttons class,so it is very easy to worong touch the skill 4 button,especily waver,80% mans don;'t know which yourself tuoched the skill which it is ,and skill 4 is a more button u touched,so easier worong use this skill.such a s always people cancle double-tap to evade,becuase they much time worong control ,more chance to this skill,if u in pve this will better,if u are in wvw,pvp it is bad engouh,and people always doge when in danger,and not change to fire ,and use this skill ,so this skill is not good enough.acoding,the skill lava font is main damge skill and skill 3 very low dps and skill 5meteor shoer is a aoe skill ,in pve i always fell the damge is too low,and skill 5 is not moving skill ,if u in wvw,always can't use completely u will cancle the skill and run to enmyes ,so ele only cary few enmy dropeed bags,if this skill change to be a aoe skill it will better.second,the lighning surge,in pve ,bliness is useless,and this skill always 1 send to use,and must standing,so this skill alwyas not use often ,and if u are tempist u will not touch this skill ,and weaver,is always touched this skill ,and this skill can't cancel when using,if u are in aoe , your hp will fall.in wvw this is always more dangerous ,and only blness acooding a 50mans skill it more useless,in pvp ,u can't move and can't cancle ,u will in dange too.the skill drak's breath if u want to full damger u must always run towards the enemy,but i found this skill very low dps and must completely run with the enmy if in pvp,enmy not easy to follwo so this skill is not good.

"Burning Retreat isn't a good skill because you have to be close to an enemy to damage them with it, but staff is a ranged weapon. It makes you go back too far and end up in another AoE or fall off the edge in fractals. I also use it accidentally sometimes (especially as a weaver), when I meant to use the #4 skill from another attunement.

[something about Meteor Shower in WvW]

Lightning Surge is bad because blind is useless in PvE, it take 1 second to cast, and you can't move while casting.

Drake's Breath is bad because it's low damage and hard to land all the hits."

I don't use mainhand dagger often so I don't know about Drake's Breath, but the other skills are fine. Burning Retreat is for dodging/re-positioning, not damage, and going off ledges or using it accidentally is entirely a L2P issue (speaking as someone who's done both of those before). Lightning Surge could maybe use a cast time reduction, but the rest of it is fine. Blind is useful when applied intelligently, and you definitely can move while casting Lightning Surge.

This should also probably be in the Elementalist forum.

Archived