Getting to sandswept isle & being stuck in the Desert Highlands

Hi,

I started playing the LWS4 Episode 2 story yesterday, and made it to the Sandswept Isles. I finished the first mission there (inquest invasion on the Charr tribe), and accepted my reward. However, when I tried to leave the instance it crashed. Not a big deal, because it was bedtime anyway. However, the game put me back in the Desert Highlands, and I have no way of getting back to the Sandswept isles. I also tried to enter a story instance of Heart of Thorns to see if that would reset my LWS4 e2 progress, but everytime I try to leave Desert Highlands, the game gets stuck on the loading screen and crashes. Someone also suggested I'd join another player's instance (to get to the island again), but I fear that the game will simply crash again.

Any suggestions?

@PluizeWin.2139 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Did you try replaying the instance in achievement mode? That should work even if you've progressed.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is/how I activate it. And my game still crashes when I try to leave the map.

All story instances are replayable for achievements. simply return to the location where it started with the chapter activated and the little circle to enter should be there, although the green quest indicator star won't show up on the map anymore.

Your game crashing is due to a critical bug from the update, you should submit a support ticket.

Some other things to try:

• Remove all addons (like arcdps), they don't work anymore.
  • Run the game with the "-repair" command-line option to make sure your data file didn't get corrupted.
  • Turn your graphics settings down to lowest.
  • Try various instances like the guild hall, or try a Teleport To Friend.

More than likely though something is flagged wrongly with your character and a developer will have to move them to a different location to fix it, as this has happened alot in the past. Did you test another character to see if this is the case?

@Taelac.7036 said:Have you tried running a -repair of the client? If so, and you're still stuck, your best bet is probably to submit a ticket to customer support. There's a link at the top of the forums to do that.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Did you try replaying the instance in achievement mode? That should work even if you've progressed.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is/how I activate it. And my game still crashes when I try to leave the map.

All story instances are replayable for achievements. simply return to the location where it started with the chapter activated and the little circle to enter should be there, although the green quest indicator star won't show up on the map anymore.

Your game crashing is due to a critical bug from the update, you should submit a support ticket.

Some other things to try:
  • Remove all addons (like arcdps), they don't work anymore.
  • Run the game with the "-repair" command-line option to make sure your data file didn't get corrupted.
  • Turn your graphics settings down to lowest.
  • Try various instances like the guild hall, or try a Teleport To Friend.

More than likely though something is flagged wrongly with your character and a developer will have to move them to a different location to fix it, as this has happened alot in the past. Did you test another character to see if this is the case?

Yes, I have submitted a ticket now. Thank you both for your replies.

Archived