Game Stuck @ Infinite Loading Screen [-mapLoadinfo]

I'm stuck at the map loading screen. I launched the game with the -mapLoadinfo command to find out what went wrong. Link to the screenshot with the -maploadinfo

https://ibb.co/kyLaHn

All characters are not loadable, it seems I am stuck at a SERVER_STATE_WAIT loop.

System Specs:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Versie 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Leverancier van besturingssysteem Microsoft Corporation
Systeemnaam THEDUSTYDESK-PCSysteemfabrikant ASUS
Systeemmodel All Series
Systeemtype x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 MHz, 4 core('s), 4 logische processor(s)
Geïnstalleerd fysiek geheugen (RAM) 8,00 GBTotaal fysiek geheugen 7,94 GBBeschikbaar fysiek geheugen 5,15 GBTotaal virtueel geheugen 7,94 GBBeschikbaar virtueel geheugen 4,51 GBTotaal opslagmedia: Samsung Evo 850 1,00 TB SSD

I haven't figured out how to load the map info stuff yet at least, first time logging in since the patch and am having the same issues, first was to load the guild hall, client seemed dead so killed it. Then was able to load the guild hall, thrice since it stalls when trying to use the guild teleporter, I presumed it's a guild hall glitch but from your reports looks like it's worse than that, not specifically guild hall related so won't make a thread for that yet. Will try to wait maybe 5m max next freeze and see if it does anything, utterly annoying anyway with the amount of map swapping guilds do for activities.

I'm having this same issue on my mac. I haven't been able to use a WP or walk manually into a map and have it load. I have waited and waited but there's no progression and while the music continues to play and it seems like the load has loaded in I'm still stuck on the map-loading screen. At that point it's impossible for me to quit it and I have to hard restarted my computer. However I've had the additional issue of if I do "Exit to Desktop" I have the same issue. The game just freezes completely on my screen and I have to hard restarted to actually exit the game. It only started yesterday for me, before that I never had any issues with map loading time (except, of course, for Lion's Arch).

@"vermonteer.2475" said:I'm having this same issue on my mac. I haven't been able to use a WP or walk manually into a map and have it load. I have waited and waited but there's no progression and while the music continues to play and it seems like the load has loaded in I'm still stuck on the map-loading screen. At that point it's impossible for me to quit it and I have to hard restarted my computer. However I've had the additional issue of if I do "Exit to Desktop" I have the same issue. The game just freezes completely on my screen and I have to hard restarted to actually exit the game. It only started yesterday for me, before that I never had any issues with map loading time (except, of course, for Lion's Arch).

One way to force a closure is cmd+enter, since PoF for me that function never works anymore, forces an exception and crashes the game. I have at best been able to load the guild hall, out of 5 or 6 tries 2 failed. Haven't been able to load anything else though besides the map I am inside. Did some browsing here unfortunately all I found from anet replies, the few there are is to ditch the 32bit client and stick to the 64bit. Not a fix at all and loading was not a problem for the 32bit with PoF thus far so how would adding a new chapter corrupt this? Well they have a knack of making new problems, I'll hold off from trying the 64bit client for now but just to let you know that's the official word from them. I'll try again later or tomorrow, fingers crosses.

@Yifang.8260 said:One way to force a closure is cmd+enter, since PoF for me that function never works anymore, forces an exception and crashes the game. I have at best been able to load the guild hall, out of 5 or 6 tries 2 failed. Haven't been able to load anything else though besides the map I am inside. Did some browsing here unfortunately all I found from anet replies, the few there are is to ditch the 32bit client and stick to the 64bit. Not a fix at all and loading was not a problem for the 32bit with PoF thus far so how would adding a new chapter corrupt this? Well they have a knack of making new problems, I'll hold off from trying the 64bit client for now but just to let you know that's the official word from them. I'll try again later or tomorrow, fingers crosses.

Thanks for this info! I might try the 64bit if it doesn't clear up for me soon-ish, but I'll stick to client I have right now, because I likewise/as I said above I have never had any issue with the game until this.

@"Yifang.8260" said:I haven't figured out how to load the map info stuff yet at least, first time logging in since the patch and am having the same issues, first was to load the guild hall, client seemed dead so killed it. Then was able to load the guild hall, thrice since it stalls when trying to use the guild teleporter, I presumed it's a guild hall glitch but from your reports looks like it's worse than that, not specifically guild hall related so won't make a thread for that yet. Will try to wait maybe 5m max next freeze and see if it does anything, utterly annoying anyway with the amount of map swapping guilds do for activities.

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Good luck.

@"vermonteer.2475" said:I'm having this same issue on my mac. I haven't been able to use a WP or walk manually into a map and have it load. I have waited and waited but there's no progression and while the music continues to play and it seems like the load has loaded in I'm still stuck on the map-loading screen. At that point it's impossible for me to quit it and I have to hard restarted my computer. However I've had the additional issue of if I do "Exit to Desktop" I have the same issue. The game just freezes completely on my screen and I have to hard restarted to actually exit the game. It only started yesterday for me, before that I never had any issues with map loading time (except, of course, for Lion's Arch).

I have the exact same problem on my mac since the patch. Also, when I try to switch characters or unlog, the game freezes and I have to force quit it.

Just to test it out and see if it was a client issue I downloaded and tried the 64-bit client and it made the game unplayable in it's own right. While I was able to change maps and characters like normal, there was a significant amount of lag (even when set up on the best performance option as opposed to autodetect or best appearance) and it was made it really rough. I never had any performance lag issues that were comparable while using the 32-bit client. So while it's nice to be able to change maps, even just running in a straight line or typing makes the game freeze up a little. So :/ it's definitely not a viable solution for me to change to the 64-bit client.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived